Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Poo question, sorry 😳😳!!  (Read 10846 times)

Butterfly22

Re: Poo question, sorry 😳😳!!
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 07:00:02 AM »

Great reading this I'm now thinking I have a parasite 😳 Xx

KAH

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 07:28:02 AM »

Hi KAH, how are you doing?

Here is a recent report on the poo matter

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2017/09/16/will-you-lose-weight-take-a-look-at-your-poop/

Hey, I'm ok thanks for asking. More undigested food this morning from last nights tea but I've decided I'm not going to think about it until my anxiety calms down, anxiety does crazy stuff to my bowels!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 11:33:31 AM »

Yep - if you watch a bird flying away in fright it will do a poo  ::).

I have certain cereals that go straight through  ::)

Which parasite will it be Lil22?  It's a bugga how the mind plays tricks!

Butterfly22

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »

Yep - if you watch a bird flying away in fright it will do a poo  ::).

I have certain cereals that go straight through  ::)

Which parasite will it be Lil22?  It's a bugga how the mind plays tricks!

A growing one judging how bloated  I always am!! I watch those documentaries the monster inside me which dose t help xxx

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »

The worst I have ever felt was when I was bloated: caused by irritable bowel syndrome.  So maybe ask your GP for some medication to 'hurry' your whole digestive system up as well as looking at Michael Mosley's recent 'book of the gut' which explains how different foods are processed.  Not to be read B4 or after eating  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »

Lil22 - you are very unlikely to have a parasite! They are not common in UK otherwise everyone would be talking about them and checking for them and they would feature regularly at doctor's consultations!! Do not fret!!! :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »

Guardian - May 2017 -  "Popularity of sushi has brought rise in parasitic infections, warn doctors : Doctors have highlighted the need for awareness of anisakiasis, caused by the larvae of a worm found in contaminated undercooked or raw fish or seafood "

From NHS - Jan 2017

Parasites in fish, particularly anisakis larvae, can cause health problems if eaten alive, including abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting, blood and mucus in stools, and mild fever.

Allergic reactions can also occur, which may be accompanied by a rash and itching, and even anaphylaxis in rare situations.

Anisakis larvae are colourless and normally coiled like a spring within a cyst. Larvae range in size from 5mm to 20mm in length.

The Food Standards Agency has issued the following advice for anyone eating wild Atlantic salmon or sea trout privately caught at sea or from UK rivers
: [go to appropriate page]

So cook all food thoroughly. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:41:42 PM by CLKD »

Butterfly22

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 05:52:37 PM »

I think I'm just get paroinod, we went to Cyprus a few years ago and were staying with friends for the first couple of days, well they used the tap water to make cuppas, (I don't even use tap water at home) and was so ill when I got home, for months, had to take a sample to doctors (mortified) but all ok.
I think I need to stop watching "the monster inside me"
And yes I cook everything well, and I have had sushi in the past but not anymore as seen a lot on this over the last couple of years to put me off. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 08:07:28 PM »

Often association can make us worry more than we ought to.  Nowt wrong with our tap water, it's the safest in Europe.  If in doubt, boil twice, I usually do when camping. 

Butterfly22

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 06:32:56 AM »

I don't drink it because of the chemicals, and it tastes awful where I live, just really strong with chemicals. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »

Without chemicals we would be VERY ill.  I know what you mean about chemicals, I don't ever drink it from the tap, preferring it fizzy from a bottle or boiled with a tea-bag.

Ju Ju

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 04:03:05 PM »

My DD rents a house on a farm estate, where the water comes from a spring or well and is usually tested only yearly by the water authorities. When the village experienced problems with flooding the water became contaminated. The tenants were not informed until the authorities stepped in. My DD had been experiencing stomach upsets that mysteriously disappeared when away from home, so was furious when she found out that the landlord had known for a while, but had assumed that everyone was like him and unaffected as he has lived there all his life. The problems went on for well over a year, which made things tricky with having a baby. They were eventually provided with bottles of drinking water and we used to take large water containers full of our water to them. They used to fill up at work as well. It became a way of life. The environmental authorities won't give permission for new bore holes to be drilled for water higher up and at less risk of contamination. Even now I won't drink unboiled water there as I have IBS and don't want to risk things. I'm thankful to have mains water here that is regularly tested. I drink filtered water.

Butterfly22

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 04:07:45 PM »

It's having ME makes me super senestive to chemicals, I even tried filtering it and was quite poorly, imagine slowly being poisoned, that's how I feel, even filtered I can taste them the water here is horrible, I have to dry the sinks after I use it or marks everything, it wasn't this bad in Newcastle xxx

Wow juju that's bad, thank god they found out what it was xxx

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »

Environment Agency will be on the case if there is any likelihood of 'run off' from a contaminated source.  Himself had to take water samples for testing as part of his job otherwise the site would have been closed. 

I have found: a slight meander here: that my taste buds alter during the day.  My early morning cuppa tastes lovely but as the day wears on, the flavour alters so that by mid-afternoon I can't finish a mug of tea.  I find coffee makes me feel queasy and can't fancy hot chocolate.  So it's been Coke or bottled water as well as buying ready-made bottles of Belgian chocolate drinks, served really cold.

I think that hormones have the ability to make our senses hyper ?

Hurdity

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »

We've come a long way from POO  ;D !!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4