Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Allergies  (Read 1228 times)

Lizab

Allergies
« on: September 16, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »

I have been suffering with allergies, to pollens I assume, this year more than I can recall since my childhood. I'm told I had severe allergies when I was young, but outgrew them. I have read that this could be another side effect of menopause and hormone imbalance. I tend to believe this is my case since from puberty on I had no allergy issues other than during a short hormone imbalance from contraceptive ten years ago.

My question is for those that have developed new allergies or increased severity around menopause, can I expect it to improve or should I consider this a permanent condition?  I ask because if it's temporary, a few seasons, I'll continue with my current methods of coping with them. But if this is to be long term, I need to look at some better treatment options.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Allergies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:43:51 PM »

I did find that if I began eating locally produced honey in Feb. my allergic rhinitis was less troublesome.  It also depends on how 'local' the honey is as to how better I feel.  Trouble is - I forget to begin early enough  ::).

I have a Beconase nasal spray if necessary and also find that keeping the bedroom in particular dust free, helps enormously!