Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: improved lifestyle  (Read 925 times)

Dibleydo

improved lifestyle
« on: September 16, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »

Your thoughts on this please,I have heard and read many times over the years that ladies on HRT have found that they feel wonderful again, life worth living,sleeping well,plenty of energy, no aches and pains,completely changed their life,well I have been on HRT patches for about 2 years and I am full of aches and pains,joint and muscles,at times I feel very down and  question my life and wonder if my HRT is the wrong sort, I would love just to be active,feel in good spirits,have more energy,in fact I feel worse since starting HRT,the only benefit is I now  get about 3 hours non stop sleep per night,where as it used to be about an hour at a time,dont wont to sound like a moaner but just need to bounce this off ??? ??? :thankyou: you all as to maybe I am expecting too much, appreciate your time, thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: improved lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:47:08 PM »

You moan - 'it helps to talk'  ;)

As oestrogen levels drop so the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become drier: inside and out; nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina ........

Who is prescribing your HRT?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »

Dibleydo - it's good to offload.  Why not take a break from HRT to see how you feel? It seems scary, I know, but it doesn't do any harm to reassess things and you may find you feel better without the HRT - OR - this break might make you realise that the HRt is really helping, if only in small ways.

It sounds to me as though you have got into a bad cycle e.g. poor sleep resulting in no energy - you then don't do much exercise which in turn results in low mood and poor sleep. Could you try a new routine e.g. get up at the same time each morning, eat 6 very small meals through the day and make these meals highly nutritious but low in fat and carbs.  Take good brisk walks, regardless of how tired you feel, and perhaps take up a hobby or do some activity that absorbs your mind in a positive way.  You may have tried all this but I have found that it's easy to slip into a rut and just accept things won't get better.
I'm afraid one really can't expect HRT to solve everything. DG x

Dibleydo

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts, my Dr is the prescriber,I will look at everything again and consider a different approach,as you have said perhaps a break in HRT may be the proof of the pudding.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 07:51:01 PM »

Hi Dibleydo

I agree with Dancinggirl's sensible advice especially about diet and exercise and expectations - but before stopping HRT - it may well be that a different type will help you feel better ( as well as looking at lifestyle changes) so perhaps take a look at this first (before taking a break)?

How old are you, where were you in menopause when you started HRT re frequency of periods, and what type/dose are you taking? There are many different types to choose form and some women need to experiment before finding the right one. Two years is a long time not to feel better! There could also be other things like underactive thyroid or low testosterone causing lack of energy as well as maybe some deficiencies in vitamins or minerals if your diet is not optimal.

Hurdity x