Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femseven Sequi patches itching....  (Read 1866 times)

Roadrunner

Femseven Sequi patches itching....
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »

:-\

So here I am, 3 weeks on, using Femseven Sequi and I am feeling better than I was on Femoston 2/10 so I think I wasn't absorbing the tablets properly.

I can get them to stick (yay) but .... they make me itch (aargh)! Anyone else had this problem?!

Help!

RRxx

Taz2

Re: Femseven Sequi patches itching....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »

I think that the advice is to stop using the patches if you have an allergic reaction. Does it say in the patient information leaflet? The adhesive in Evorel is different so might not cause you the same problem.

This thread mentions itching from patches https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=15182.0

Is the skin under the patch red? Well done on getting them to stick by the way!  :sunny:

Taz x

squeezy

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »

I was on them 3 weeks as well, couldn't stand them any longer, made me want to rip my skin apart lol.

I have gone back to tablets :)

Sx

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »

Thanks for your replies.
I'm taking antihistamine to counteract the itch    ;)
I've noticed I'm also very headachey again on the combined part of the sequi dose. Just like I was with Elleste Duet.
Oh dear. 
One step forward 2 steps back.
I've decided to get a private appointment  (without my GPs blessing sadly) and see if I can find a way through all this.

RR xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 08:39:58 PM »

I think it does advise that you should stop and change to a different one if you get a skin reaction - patient information leaflet.

Taz x

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:06:14 PM »

Yes it does. You're absolutely right.  It's not too bad but I know if I started scratching I wouldn't stop, so I'm taking preventative measures! Fortunately I have a gynae appt tomorrow so I'm going to hang on in there!
I think itchy dry reactive skin is one of my low oestrogen symptoms. I'm itchy dry and reactive all over at the moment. Nice.

Catch 22.   ;)