Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Another period  (Read 1784 times)

Foni1

Another period
« on: August 27, 2017, 06:52:26 AM »

Why Another period after 2 weeks 😳  My cycle is all over the place but I'm bleeding again after just a two week break. Feeling awful, bad stomach pains and nausea 😓
My body is driving me crazy.

Dancinggirl

Re: Another period
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 07:05:04 AM »

Are you on HRT? Erratic bleeding can happen in the early few weeks or months. If you aren't on HRT then You are simply getting very typical symptoms of the peri meno stage. DG x

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »

Yes I have this... period cycle all over the shop for 2 years now. My period lasts for longer, dribbles on  and then  it seems to restart about day 15 for a few days.. docs say it is mid cycle hormone surges triggering off bleeding. I also get brown gunk (see my other posts!) mid cycle.  Was really worried, seen a few GPs and had scan to check for cycts / fibroids etc but all find.   So maybe go to GP to put yr mind at rest but this hit me in peri too.

Foni1

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl and Roseneath
Thank you for your responses. Not on HRT currently due to see dr again this week so will update with what's going on and see what's said.
I know it's more than likely peri symptoms but just drives you crazy and feel so tired and yucky but I'll keep plodding on like we do.
Hope you're both having a better day 😊

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:06:06 AM »

I did a drawing of my cycle for GP. Now its 2/3 days brown spotting, 4-5 days period of which maybe two are quite heavy, then 2-4 days tapering off to brown spotting again. Then day 16, so some months only 3-5 days later I get stringy brown musus for a few days, then maybe 5 days of just white and Day 26 start again.  Have shown my little chart to a few GPs as I do worry about these things! They all say there is no pattern and every woman is completly different.  I think women should be sent leaflets about this as unlike being a teenager this hit me out of the blue. I just thought one day my periods would stop, none of this other rubbish!

Foni1

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 07:39:22 AM »

Hi Roseneath
You sound like you're having a tough time too. It's so confusing, lots of weird things happen out of the blue and your right you're not given any advice as to what might happen.  I sometimes feel like I'm
Going crazy and turning into a hypochondriac with new symptoms almost daily. My regular GP isn't great and just dismisses everything as stress, yes my life is stressful but who's Isn't to be fair. I did see a make dr the other day and he was much more understanding but still feel like I'm lost in a weird world.  I've never been on to worry about anything really but now find myself worrying about all sorts of stuff.   I've started keeping a diary of how I feel and symptoms so I can go back to the GP with a proper summary and see how that goes.
Thank you for your input and experiences theirs really helpful
😊

Roseneath

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »

Period update. After having nearly 18 months of shorted cycles, longer periods, mid cycle gunk I finally missed a period. I actually felt great, less hormonal , brain fog, down etc for about 4 weeks straight.  Four weeks with no gunk or anything. It finally came again last night and bam I feel anxious, bad stomach again...so just proves as all the GPs said that it is hormones driving all these changes for me. When I think of all the time I spent worrying about the changes, checking my pants every 15 minutes, not beliveing the doctors, asking for repeat smear tests etc. Once again worry about nothing.

ancient runner

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »

It's easy to do. Glad you're feeling a bit better.