Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Shoulder pain  (Read 1881 times)

Yammy1

Shoulder pain
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:07:33 AM »

Is aching arm and shoulder another meno symptom? I feel like my muscles are in knots, very sore to touch back of neck/shoulder. Tried anti inflammatory and exercise eased a bit but still very sore. Any other suggestions? I feel like an old woman, sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, just when I think I am coping another symptom appears  :-\

Taz2

Re: Shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:14 AM »

It could be the start of frozen shoulder Yammy1 which is really common in menopause. You could have just pulled a muscle though. https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/health-wellbeing/conditions/bones-joints/frozen-shoulder-symptoms-and-treatment

Taz x

peri

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »

I have this too.  I've seen a physio and a chiropractor, both of who ease it, and have given me coping strategies, but I find it still comes and goes.  The joys of getting older!!!x

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »

Thank you all at least it's not just me, I just put some deep heat on so hopefully will ease a bit, that article is very interesting Taz2 as I have type 2 diabetes and seemingly it can be related. I will do gentle exercises as best I can and see if that helps' If not then it's a visit to doc.

KAH

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »

I've struggled with upper back and rib pain for the last couple of weeks, just been docs and he couldn't feel anything or have any answers so I guess it is part of the whole meno experience!!!

RyansGranny

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »

Hi Yammy, do you have restricted movement in your shoulder joint? I had a slight frozen shoulder several years ago, I was given exercises to get movement back. If a lot of muscles are painful, then you could possibly try magnesium spray. I posted in the joint aches thread about my experience using the spray:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,77.525.html?PHPSESSID=90709f9e533cadecdc4db036888dbc20
Hope you feel better soon!

Yammy1

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »

Thank you ryansgranny, I will look into the magnesium spray. I recently started liquid iron in vit c and just started evening primrose so I will give this a chance to hopefully kick in, but I carried a suitcase a few days ago and I'm now wondering if I strained shoulder.