Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Doseage of Utrogestan + Oestrogel to control symptoms  (Read 1715 times)

Cathy

Doseage of Utrogestan + Oestrogel to control symptoms
« on: September 12, 2017, 11:21:25 AM »

::) Hi I'm a new member and I'm so pleased to have found the forum. I am taking Utrogestan vaginal capsules 200mg (day 15-16) and Oestrogel - both bioidentical hormones as the synthetic ones gave me side effects. I saw a private doctor to start with as I was so desperate and had little joy with the NHS but now manage my own symptoms with the odd bit of help from my GP - meds through the NHS. They are reluctant to do bloodtests to check my hormone levels although had one about 18 months - two years ago which showed  I am not menopausal yet - FSH levels quite high. I have been on these meds for about 18 months but before that tried all sorts since starting peri-menopause symptoms aged 41 - I am now 49. As I have learnt...nothing stays the same for too long with my hormones and for the past three months I am sleeping really badly again, hot at night too and irritable, hormone-related IBS and hair shedding, sore breasts and migraines all symptoms for me that things aren't right with my hormones. Feel dreadful due to lack of decent sleep and even my usual off sleeping remedy isn't really cutting it. I generally sleep better once the Utrogestan has kicked in after a few days. I think I probably need Utrogesterone (progesterone) for more days during my cycle, which annoyingly is still regular as clockwork although now just last 3 days. Does anyone have any experience of this or advice please about what I could try?
Thanks so much
Cathy

Taz2

Re: Doseage of Utrogestan + Oestrogel to control symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:33:57 PM »

Hi Cathy - can't really help as I am not so knowledgeable on Utrogestan but just wanted to welcome you. You could also post in the New Members thread to introduce yourself - sometimes you get more replies there when first joining.

Just a thought - if you are on HRT isn't your cycle regular due to this rather than your natural cycle?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Cathy

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »

thank you Taz - yes I was wondering that about my cycle unless I come off my HRT I guess I won't know but don't really like that prospect! OK I will try and post in New Members thanks.
Cathy :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »

I responded to you o your other post.
Don't be frightened of taking a break from HRT - it can be good to reassess things and might make your GP more aware of your problems. Taking a 4 week break, then having blood tests to see where you are at, would be good. You would simply start fresh in your HRT regime with possibly some gradual increase in the Oestrogel to perhaps 3 pumps per day.
You clearly like the Utrogestan phase which is great but I wouldn't change what you doing just yet. What dosage of Oestrogel are you using?
DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:17:28 AM »

Hi Cathy I responded on your other thread too :)

Hurdity x