Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 1981 times)

Foni1

HRT
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:16:56 PM »

Hi ladies
A little advice please
I've seen my GP today and has agreed that due to my weird sensations and symptoms it may be a good idea to go into HRT. We've agreed that I'll go back after my holiday to Rome in a couple of weeks and discuss further.  Just wondering why your thoughts are on this and any that I should stay away from. There's so much info out there I'm a little confused.
Also been diagnosed with  oesto arthritis in my shoulder and knee, seeing consultant about that on 25th. I think I'm falling apart 😳 
Thank you in advance 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »

Age  ::) - doesn't arrive alone.

Thinking about where you are in your journey: i.e. last monthly period, moods, diet - which symptom would you like to ease first?

Has your GP discussed any product names for example, if so do use the search button to see if there are other threads.  Make notes ;-). 

Being confused is part of the menopause journey ;-).  Also, as oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Low levels can cause the body to become dry: inside and out, i.e. nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina - we have several threads on *that* one!

OA is usually due to generalised wear and tear of the joints. 

Foni1

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »

Hi CLKD

Words of wisdom again thank you.
GP didn't suggest anything today just a general discussion about what to do for the best.

We will discuss further when I get back from holiday.

I'll have a think about what I want to achieve from HRT, make notes and of course have a look around the boards too. Just want to be armed with the correct information when I see GP next.

Yep OA is wear and tear related, painful and annoying all the same but I'll manage it the best I can 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:09:20 PM »

With regards OA - make sure that your footwear is suitable ;-).  I could solve most of the back pain as I watch women struggling in totally inappropriate shoes  :D.

Enjoy your holiday!  If it's warm you may find that your aches and pains ease.  Maybe speak with a Pharmacist about pain relief as some may be more suitable than others.

Maybe make a double appt. too?