Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2nd month on Elleste Duet 2mg  (Read 12059 times)

Pinkamanda

2nd month on Elleste Duet 2mg
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:37 PM »

My first month I felt very strange on the Orange tablets and then when I went on to the 2nd half of the pack the grey tablets, things seemed to even out and I felt fine, I have now started back on the Orange tablets and  4 days in I have started to feel bad again, sweating and anxious and shaky, not nice has anyone else had this, I think I need to change to somthing else ??  :(

dazned

Re: 2nd month on Elleste Duet 2mg
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »

Hi
The orange tablets are the oestrogen only tablets.2mg is quite high dose so maybe it's too high for you ? Did you start off on the 1 mg ones or start straight on these ?

Pinkamanda

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 06:00:59 PM »

I started on the 1mg and after 5 months started to get hot flushes back again.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM »

Hi there I was ill on the oestrogen part of the oestrogen femoston 1/10 and had to stop but you were ok on the lower dose so it's not quite the same...I struggled to find anyone in the same boat there were only a few ladies on here it seems it's always the progesterone part that gives the problems .

dazned

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 06:23:22 PM »

There are a few who don't do well on the oestrogen part but as you say it is usually the progesterone bit that causes issues.
You can stick it out for a while longer as your body may well settle to the higher level. If not you can look at changing to using gel where by you can tweak the dose easier .

prestige

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:29 AM »

Hi Pinkamanda

I too was on Elleste duet 1 mg tablets, but my GP increased my dosage to 2 mg as I began to suffer terrible anxiety and panic attacks. I never suffered with any of these before hitting perimenopause.  I am coming to the end of the first pack and I have to say am suffering terrible nausea and I can't get to sleep even though I am tired :'(

Annoyingly I can't seem to work out which part of the pack disagrees with me the most  :'(

Its really the lack of sleep that is really getting me down. I can't seem to sleep at night but managed to fall asleep on the bus this morning - nearly missed my stop ::)

dazned

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »

Sometimes if the oestrogen is too high some ladies report feeling " wired " and agitated . Prestige maybe try keeping a simple diary/chart it should help you discover which part you feel worse on.☺

Pinkamanda

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »

Thanks for the replies, I have made GP appointment today so hopefully she will be able to advise the best thing to do as I cannot continue felling like this , I will let you know the outcome.

prestige

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »

Hi Pinkamanda,

Would it please be possible to let us know what the outcome was to your GP appointment. I would be really interested to know what they say.

Dazed - thanks for the reply.
I have just looked at my diary and notes and it seems, the first part makes me tired and drained. The second part really makes me agitated and I can't seem to sleep.
I might ask to come off Hrt and it doesn't seem to agree with me. I'm just worried, what will happen to my hormone fluctuations if I come off completely.

I simply can't exist the way I am :'(

Sorry to rant, but I am really at the end of my tether and I have no where to turn to :'(

dazned

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »

Don't despair we can hopefully help you through .
Have you tried any other hrt ? Sorry if you said before ,lots going on my mind isn't what it was  :P

prestige

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »

Thank you Dazed.

I am 46 and my periods stopped last November. By March I was experiencing hot flushes during the day and night and felt really drained (like I was running on empty). My GP put me on Kliofem for 3 months, which went ok, apart the persistent tiredness. On my review, he said he was putting me on Elleste duet sequi 1 mg  protect my womb lining. I was ok for the first couple of weeks.
I stupidly thought my troubles were over. Then BAM, was was hit with anxiety and panic attacks and I had full scale insomnia. :'(

I raced back to the doctors and was prescribed Elleste Duet 2 mg. This was ok for a few days then the tiredness kicked in again. I am now on the progesterone part and my nausea is terrible and my can't get to sleep. I even tried 2mg of Diazipamn just to see if that would stop the insomnia.

I am completely frazzled today and feel very low. Trying to work in an office is very difficult when you feel so lousy.

Not sure where to turn to really??

dazned

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 10:12:44 AM »

Have you been tested for all the usual culprits as well,thyroid,anaemia,vit.D ? These can also contribute to what you are experiencing.
As you haven't been period free for 12months and at your age you do need a sequential hrt. Eleste that you are on has northisterone as the progesterone part which some time really bad as far as low mood etc goes. If you prefer tablets you could ask gp to try femoston which has a kinder prog part. Or you could explore the patch of gel options. Chin up although I do understand how wretched you feel .

prestige

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »

Many thanks Dazed. Just simply someone saying they understand is a real comfort. My hubby has been great, but he can't possibly understand!

I have been tested for thyroid and anaemia, both have come back as normal. I'm not sure about Vit D though.

Its the insomnia, nausea (like morning sickness) and muscle tiredness, that are really contributing to my low mood.

I just want my life back and at this moment in time that seems a distant dream  :'(

I might see if I can get a GP appointment, to see if he will prescribe something to help me sleep.

dazned

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 11:33:06 AM »

Sadly insomnia is something quite a few of us have,I have it's chronic,I'm waiting for a referral to a sleep clinic ! There really is no quick fix answer. As crass as it sounds acceptance does help,well it did me. I used to stress terribly just the thought of going to bed " knowing " that I wouldn't sleep,which just made it worse. Now I tell myself I aint gonna die from not sleeping ! I know it's very debilitating but at least I no longer worry unduly about it.
I definitely would consider taking some vit D supplements,most in the U.K. are deficient due to our latitude,or is it longitude,it really can make a huge difference. My gp also recommend Q10 co-enzymes,Tescos do it. Whatever you decide do keep us posted.

prestige

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »

Oh thank you Dazned.

Just knowing that I am not the only one wide awake in the early hours makes me feel a little bit less lonely :sunny:

I will definitely investigate the Vit D supplements.

Pages: [1] 2