Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dopamine levels  (Read 1373 times)

linz57

Dopamine levels
« on: September 04, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »

I don't know if this subject has been talked about on here before,  but this weekend I've been reading up about low dopamine levels and found it interesting.
It seems low estrogen can cause low dopamine and that in turn leads to all sorts of problems, including restless legs.
I know there are now newish drugs around to increase the levels but they seem to make the problems worse in the long run ( and soon cause augmentation) for many women, so I'm still thinking of raising my dopamine by raising the estrogen. It sounds better to me than reaching for the heavy duty stuff. Just hope my doctor will agree to this.
Had anyone else any experience of this?

linz57

Re: Dopamine levels
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:05:03 PM »

Hi again sparkle! Yes I believe low dopamine is related to a Parkinson's, I hadn't realised the connection between low levels and low estrogen though. Interesting.

linz57

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »

Sure is!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »

It would figure as my restless legs went from occasional to nightly around 4 years ago the same time my sleep disappeared and my periods started to become a week late but I never out any of it down to perimenopause...saying that if my oestrogen levels were low I would have thought going on femoston I would have felt so much better raising my levels wher in fact I felt so horrendous I had to come off...

linz57

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »

So the hrt didn't help your restless legs?  :'(  Maybe it's not just the total amount of dopamine in our systems then, but rather how much of it gets to where it's needed. I'm hoping to get my doc to put me back on the hrt this week and I'm praying it stops the restless legs. If not, well I dread to think how that will affect my anxiety. Eek! I suppose I shouldn't get too hopeful as I know I'll be distraught if my damned legs keep twitching, aching and wanting to move even with improved levels of estrogen