Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The anxiety returns  (Read 3842 times)

babyjane

Re: The anxiety returns
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 02:54:32 PM »

It helps to talk ;-)

It certainly does, even cybertalk.  I dread to think how we would all be without this forum. I know I would have been at the GP far more often over the last 8 years or so  :hug:

linz57

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »

Thought I'd do a quick update. I've been to see my doctor this morning and explained how bad I'm feeling . She initially suggested Amitriptyline but I've heard that's a no no when restless legs are involved. So, I'm back on a three month trial of my old conti patch, just to get my levels up again and then we'll take it from there.
I'm so glad I have a caring gp who listens and doesn't discount anything. She said it was my decision and I could go back on the patch even though I'm almost 60, she agrees it's about quality of life.
If my fibroids start to play up again down the line then we'll deal with those,  but for now I'm just happy I've got my hrt back. I couldn't cope with the overwhelming anxiety and insomnia any longer .

dazned

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 12:56:02 PM »

Thanks for the update. Glad that you have a good gp and you got what you wanted. Here's hoping you pick up soon .☺

linz57

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »

Thank you dazned, fingers crossed,  but if I still need extra help I know she will be there.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 01:10:26 PM »

Oh well done you!  :medal: and also to your GP!  If we feel supported it really does help.  Maybe keep a chart so that you can make notes as to how you are?

:bighug:

linz57

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »

Yes, good idea CLKD! I must admit the prog part is kicking in already this evening, I feel tired and relaxed. Bliss.....

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 06:11:37 PM »

Thanks for the update linz57 - and glad you are feeling better already.... :)

I had one small fibroid also found on hysteroscopy but when it was looked at 18 months later it had shrunk despite being on long cycle HRT! The fact that you are on conti patches means that you are getting progestogen continuously so that should help stop them growing I would have thought?

Hopefully she might agree to refer you for a scan say after a year - to make absolutely sure?

You may get some spotting etc initially as you've been off it for a few weeks, maybe?

Hurdity  x

linz57

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

That's encouraging to hear about your fibroid Hurdity, the other day I read that the first two years on hrt can cause fibroids to grow, but after that they can shrink. Not sure how true that is though,  but anyway, I've decided to get myself stable again and deal with the fibroid problem if and when it arises. No point worrying about something that might not happen.
 I've been off  the hrt for around 10 weeks and was feeling fine ( was back on just Vagifem)until about four weeks ago when the hormonal plunge kicked in big time.  I'm prepared  for some spotting and for it to take a while to get me back on level ground. The nervous stomach and restlessness through the night are symptoms I've not experienced before so I'm hoping and praying they  fade as the patch does its work. The next time I try to come off the hrt I will do it gradually and probably take an anti anxiety med at the same time to maybe avoid these awful symptoms.
I've had another major wobble today but I know things won't change overnight..... unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:44:58 PM by linz57 »

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »

Why if HRT suits, do you feel it necessary to stop using it?  If you are hungry, do you not eat ........

linz57

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »

I'd rather stay on it to be honest, but I suppose it all depends on whether the medical profession will continue to prescribe it for me long term. The doctor I'm with now is all for women making their own choices and staying on for as long as it's needed,  but I know others don't share her view.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »

Stick with your GP.  It isn't necessary to stop what is suiting you, after all, Quality of Life is important  ;)

linz57

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 08:36:24 PM »

Oh indeed, as I said to her, I have no intention of vegetating in a chair if I can help it . I just hope she doesn't retire or leave any time soon :-\
Pages: 1 [2]