Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Angeliq vs Climesse  (Read 2590 times)

sunshinedaily

Angeliq vs Climesse
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »

Hi ladies, I am post meno and, like so many on this site am struggling to find an hrt that works for me. The most debilitating symptom for me is low mood, anger and depression which has an effect on my family life as well as work. Recently  I have tried Tibolone which made me feel much worse. I am currently trying Angeliq and it is too early to say if it helps...day 4 and no changes yet. I have read on here  that some ladies have tried Climesse with great results. I'm wondering why my gynae has not considered this one? I see that the estradiol is higher and progesterone lower in Climesse while Angeliq is the other way round. Should my gynae have tested my estrogen/ prog levels before recommending anything. He did say that the progesterone is usually the cause of low mood and we need higher estrogen levels during the menopause.  Would anyone be able to advise me here? Should I go back and ask for a blood test and at the same time mention Climesse? I'm just not sure the estrogen is high enough in Angelic and the prog is perhaps too high? Thank you so much for reading this. SSD  xx

dazned

Re: Angeliq vs Climesse
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »

Hi ,sorry to hear that you are struggling with your Hrt  :hug:

It's not always helpful to compare one thing against the other per se as each of us reacts differently,what suits one etc. If you are post Meno then there's no problem in not testing bloods,they're notoriously unreliable anyway,you'd expect for your levels to be low. Usually it is the progesterone that can lead to feeling low or sedated,however some ladies on here report to feeling good on it ! Conversely oestrogen,the feel good part,can make some feel wretched. Unfortunately it's very much trial and error in what suits you personally. Some find that Hrt alone never combats the low mood and depression and have to use an AD alongside. Hope you find the right combination soon and start to feel better .

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »

Obviously everyone is different but Angeliq was nowhere near strong enough for me and I ended up toping it up with a 50mcg oestrogen patch.  I found the progesterone in it drowned out all the good effects of the (low) oestrogen meaning no symptom relief. 

You mention low mood but how do you get on with progesterone in general?  Climesse contains norethisterone which is a much stronger form of progesterone but if you are not sensitive to it then this could work for you so why not give it a try?

Another option if you are post menopause, progesterone intolerant and don't want to have periods anymore is the new HRT called Duavive.  I am going to be trialling it myself soon and hoping it is the breakthrough we have all been waiting for i.e. no horrible side effects and bleedfree. 

Considering most HRT regimes fall over on the progesterone component, Duavive could be what many of us are waiting for.

sunshinedaily

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »

Thanks Dazned & Mary G for your replies to my post.

I know it's trial and error in finding the right HRT.....but it's such a long and tiring journey 😭. I will give Angeliq a few weeks and see if I feel any different, if not I will definitely talk to my Gyn. about Climesse.  Very interesting about the new hrt you're trialling, Mary G.  I really, really hope it provides relief from these awful symptoms the Menopause brings. Will be keeping everything crossed for you.   I know we're all different and it's never going to be a One Fits All solution, but if I could just feel a bit brighter and less exhausted all the time I'd be happier. Will keep pedalling away at it and hopefully I'll find a combination that helps me.  Thanks again for your replies and info.  SSD xx

Katia

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »

Hi sunshinedaily, just wondering how you're getting on with the angeliq?  It's next on my list.

Katia

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »

Hi Sunshinedaily, in studies I've read that the best progestegen to help with mood is dienogest