Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello, introducing myself and advice required please before I get locked up.joke  (Read 1286 times)

Themrsh2010

Oh my goodness ladies. I am 51 this month. I was n HRT from age of 40 - 50 because my hair was not growing and I had few hot spells and diagnosed with Osteopenia.

Wow, here was me thinking that because I've been taken off HRT at 50 and periods stopped after 12 months completely, I'm done, must have got through it like mum did. How naive was I?

About five months ago my libido went completely, my poor hubby, we've only been together 9 years.
Honestly, the way I feel at min it would not bother me if it never happened again, however, I went to see doc last week and she has put me on Femoston.

I can celebrate about one thing however, MY BONE DENSITY IS MIDDLE TO HIGH, NO MORE OSTEOPENIA, thanks to HRT.

I have been on this new HRT for 8 days, tummy hurtin a bit as though I'm due, however, if I am not in a local police cell before Monday morning it will be a miracle.

Last night around 7pm watchin tv I got sooo angry I had to walk around the block.  I was ok after that, nevertheless, tetchy.

Was out for few drinks with hubby tonight and nice and quiet with friends until other females we know, apart from one, arrived and one who was drunk was so clingy towards me.  She was sooo in my personal space. I thought it was just my stepdad who made me feel like that when he's had a drink, but I was so bad hubby said come on baby were going home where you can chill.

I.m a singer so work nights, my husband has worked Mon to Fri this week on nights as I.ve taken few nights off, however even the sound of him tired and snoring on sofa has made me want to punch the wall or dare I say, him n he's my world.  Even our small parrot chunnering away on his perch asleep has made me feel same.

Advice ladies please, otherwise you could be reading about me on front page of tabloids next week. Argggghh.

Jokin lovelies, but my goodness, need to punch something, even now.

babyjane

Hello, you punch away, perhaps a cushion or a pillow.

Do you think it is this new HRT?  Any reason why you could not go back to the one you were on before which sounds like it suited you.

:welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes. 

It's The Change.  How is your diet over-all?  If the body is hungry it can make us irritable, think of small babies who create when they don't get Fed This Minute  ::).

Buy a bean bag or thick chusion, (sp), great to punch.  I used to throw thing though nothing of value  ;)

Hurdity

Hi Themrsh2010

:welcomemm: from me too.

The side effects may depend on the type of HRT you are taking - which one were you on before - I agree with babyjane that it sounds like it worked for you so why not carry on?

I am wondering if you were on a cyclical HRT (designed to give a withdrawal bleed like a period) previously but have been given a continuous combined one (usually no bleed once you are settled)? Some women do find the effects of a continuous progestogen gives them more side effects and opt to remain with a cycle - but the best thing to do is give it time to settle before deciding, if you can. Also oral HRT tends to have more of a depressing effect on libido than transdermal (patch or gel).

Hope your husband survived  ::) and you are feeling better  :) . Sounds like you have a great job! What type of singing/genre of music?

Hurdity x