Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: bleeding during estrogen only part of fem7 sequi  (Read 795 times)

Hover

bleeding during estrogen only part of fem7 sequi
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »

Hi

Into third month of fem 7 sequi patches and no bleed until this month when it has started on the 2nd week of estrodiol only patch which I think isn't normal.

I will call doctors on Monday but just wondered what other experiences people may have.

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: bleeding during estrogen only part of fem7 sequi
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »

Hi Hover - if you are peri-menopausal then it is likely to be due to your own hormonal cycle breaking through. If you haven't bled up until now - it depends where you were in menopause when you started - if very late peri then your womb lining may have been pretty thin so taken a few months to build up enough to shed? It usually means the progestogen is doing its job in protecting the uterus.

My experience with cyclical HRT was once I was post-menopause my withdrawal bleeds stopped altogether despite being on cyclical HRT (age around 57/58) - I was using 50 mcg patch ( as you are) but with separate progesterone for 11 days per month.

Hurdity x

optisight

Re: bleeding during estrogen only part of fem7 sequi
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:40:17 PM »

I too have bleeds at end of first week or beginning second week of estrogen cycle (I'm on Fem Seven Sequi 50 too) Been on it nearly a year now and don't have a bleed every month either.
Have concluded it's just as Hurdity says. Also mentioned erratic and missing bleeds at 6 mth check up and GP said it was fine and when/if have no bleeds at all then will move onto conti. I assumed as per instructions, that would bleed every cycle at end of progesterone second week...but it seems my body has other ideas, but it's apparently normal :-)
Otherwise I think Fem Seven is fab and no issues with non-sticking patches either