Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Getting used to HRT  (Read 1146 times)

Rosie2

Getting used to HRT
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:34 AM »

Hi everyone,

Well I am now on day 10 of Elleste Duet Conti, I know it is still early days, but I THINK my body is getting used to the HRT. A lot of the side effects I have been experiencing seem to be improving, fingers crossed!
I am managing to get some sleep, which is great. I am still waking up several times with flushes/night sweats, but there is some improvement.
I just hope that I will eventually feel better & be able to enjoy life again instead of just existing!
I hope I can concentrate today, I have to do a VAT Return! x

Taz2

Re: Getting used to HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:47:14 AM »

Hi Rosie2 - it's so good to hear that you are beginning to settle on your HRT. Your night sweats should begin to improve as your levels begin to rise. it takes longer on a tablet HRT than on a pill one.

Good luck with the VAT Return!!

Taz x

janjan1962

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:12:54 AM »

Hi Rosie
I took the Elleste Duet for approx 18mths back 5yrs ago. I can recall being ok on it & sweats calming fairly fast into taking it. But we're all different in how we react. I have gone back on hrt as my sweats came back again and lowness and anxiety hit me hard.
I have my young friends say, 'but I thought you'd finished all that, when does it end'. I try explaining that it doesn't really end. it just peaks and dips and kind of gets less, but it doesn' really end does it?! What is your experience of it?
J x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:56:57 AM »

Is there a next dose up you can try ?
We all know we respond differently but my experiences are whenever I changed dose/hrt it stops my night sweats by day 4

Marie62

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »

I was on Elleste Duet conti and it was nearly 3 weeks until the flushes completely stopped.
Worth the wait so keep going :)