Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Weight around the middle  (Read 1084 times)

akd1961

Weight around the middle
« on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:18 PM »

Hi

Has anyone succesfully lost weight around the middle while on HRT?

I have always been pretty slim with a flat tummy, but in the last three years although not obese by any means I cannot loose this belly, I workout but cannot shift this belly.  Its makeing me all out of proportion and getting me down, things don't fit properly.  I feel like bread pants.
 >:(

Dancinggirl

Re: Weight around the middle
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »

Wether on HRT or not, I'm afraid it is normal to find the weight starts to gather around tummy, hips and waist - that's why it's called middle age spread.  Dieting doesn't really help and exercise can only do so much. One does have to reduce the amount you eat by about one third and really stop anything sugary - this is not a diet, this has to be every day.
I was quite ill earlier this year and could barely eat anything, I lost about a stone but nothing came off my tummy and hips - so annoying, as I looked scrawny everywhere else.
It's very tough for us at this time in our lives. Don't blame the HRT - it's just what happens. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weight around the middle
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:54:53 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop apparently msucles may become lax = aches and pains as well as middle aged spread.  Also the body may become dry: deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, vagina ........ browse round. Make notes  ;)