Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Itchy thighs  (Read 966 times)

Nannyneet

Itchy thighs
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:00 PM »

The tops of my inner thighs are really itchy and I don't know if it's something that is irritating my skin or is it's menopause related,its not too bad in the day but when I go to bed I'm being woken up by intense itching,I scratched myself to death the other night because it was driving me crazy,I've stopped using shower gel and have bought some soap for sensitive skin,it's soothing the rest of my body but my thighs are driving me mad,has anyone else had any experience of this

Annie0710

Re: Itchy thighs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »

Try an antihistamine and see if that helps, if it does st least you know it's an allergy, but then it's working out what to

Itching was a low oestrogen symptom for me

Nannyneet

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 08:32:40 PM »

Hi thanks,I've tried an antihistamine and it doesn't really do much,it seems to happen if I get hot and sweaty,it wakes me up at night and I'm knackered😟

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:14:43 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry: skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina - for me it's insteps; as soon as I take off socks at night they start and I often wake with one ruff skinned heel scratching the opp instep  ::)

Have you tried a moisturiser regularly, Himself had problems with thinning skin on his legs and found that regular application has solved the problem.