Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Going crazy  (Read 2026 times)

Maz66

Going crazy
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »

Hi all...I'm new to this.
I'm 50 and perimenopause...had a period in July as normal then Dec and Jan.
I can't take hrt as I have high BP
I have fibromyalgia and I'm self employed
I've been having really bad night sweats lately...I always sweat in bed but this is off the scale...bedclothes are soaked. I'm also very nauseous nearly every day and I've lost almost a stone since new year.
Really feel unwell but afraid to bother gp as I don't want to be seen as a hypochondriac due to my fibro myalgia and ongoing complaints.
Any advice

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Going crazy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »

You aren't going crazy!  You are probably in peri-menopause - it's not called The Change for nowt!

Browse round.  Make notes.  Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary may be useful.  Is there a GP interested in womens problems or Practice Nurse you could chat with?  Make a list of the symptoms that bother you the most.

Well done on losing the weight.  This should help with your BP results.  Have you been told that this is a reason not to take HRT?

Maz66

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »

Yes...they gave me hrt to start at my next period but I didn't take one for a few months so I went bk to gp to see if I cud get a different one and they said oh you were told not to take hrt because of your high BP.  Honestly they never mentioned it at all.

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 02:38:54 PM »

Maz

There is an HRT called Angelique which is used for ladies who have high BP.

Wx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »

Hi Maz66

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your problems. I can understand that your blood pressure should be controlled and there are many ways to do this. You mention losing weight - but what is your weight generally - I mean are you in healthy BMI range now or below?

Some women do find they experience nausea during peri-menopause but this is often connected with high oestrogen (like in pregnancy), but if you are skipping periods it is not clear what your oestrogen levels are doing - generally as you enter the peri-menopausal transition they decline overall so I understand - but there may still be extreme fluctuations that could affect you.

I would mention the nausea and weight loss to the doctor if you are experiencing this every day and you have lost weight despite eating/exercising the same. If the nausea means you are not eating then this could account for it, but often the nausea associated with oestrogen excess is helped by eating (again like in pregnancy). At least this will rule out other causes.

Re your fibromyalgia - I presume you have had blood tests to rule out hormone and vitamin deficiencies to account for this? Please don't worry about contacting your doctor - that is what they are there for and it is very convenient to give women labels of conditions and syndromes and then just letting you get on with it! We are far from understanding why women suffer all these problems starting in mid life and a more thorough endocrinological investigation may well help. Don't let them just say "It's your fibromyalgia dear" or words to that effect - symptoms do need investigation!!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »

:bounce:

liauq

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »

Hi;
I lost weight and had terrible hot sweats; day and night when my thyroid went overactive.
Do you feel that you can do anything one minute and exhausted the next?
Do you feel that your heart is beating too fast?
AA
re you suffering from insomnia and have no appetite?
If someone has one auto-immune problem, they often get more and the symptoms of thyroid problems are very similar to those of menopause...except the weightloss.
From experience...just a thought.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »

:thankyou: