Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Really worried  (Read 1363 times)

Shirley Murphy

Really worried
« on: October 09, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »

Hi every one. I'm hoping someone can put my mind at ease. I'm currently on elleste conti. Only my 2nd month. But I've been bleeding now for about 3 weeks. Not heavy and sometimes it's nothing more than a dirty discharge. Sorry to be so graphic. Has anyone else had this experience with elleste conti. Prior to taking this I was on tibilone had no problems with bleeding etc but my mood swings were unbearable as were the hot flushes. These have all but gonesince starting elleste. Is this a common problem with them. I see my g.p. on Fri. Any information would be appreciated. Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Really worried
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »

Nothing is too graphic.  What happens to us is natural and can be discussed here.  Maybe put the product name into the 'search' box to see what other threads pop up?  Also, browse round, make notes.  Some ladies keep a mood/food/symptom diary which proves useful.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »

Hi Shirley - conti HRT's are known to cause bleeding for up to the first six months of treatment. I had continuous bleeding for the whole of the six months so gave up and went back onto a sequi HRT. Before starting tibolone how long had you been without a period?

Don't worry about being graphic.  :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »

Hi Shirley  :welcomemm: from me too! Also if the lining had built up a bit on the Tibolone that could increase the initial bleeding on the Elleste as the strong progestogen in that preparation (Norethisterone) does its job to thin the uterus lining.

Hurdity x

Shirley Murphy

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:53:21 PM »

Thanks for the advice so far girls. The appointment I thought was for this Fri isn't till the 20th. And now I'm getting really really worried. The bleeding has become very heavy clot like. Don't even think I ever had periods as bad as this. Think I should phone for an emergency appointment at doctors tomorrow. Any thoughts girls? I could do with someone to tell me it's happened to them and they were ok. Pardon the french but I'm sh**ing my self. 😟😟😟😟

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »

I would think that this is the body's reaction to input which it wasn't expecting?  Maybe put the product into the 'search' box to see what others have done?

Shirley Murphy

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »

Hi CLKD. I've looked on every website there is and every review for elleste conti 2mg.  They all say bleeding at first is quiet common but this is really heavy bleeding now. If it was just spotting or even a bit more than spotting I wouldn't be so worried but it really is heavy. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »

We have a search box on here - I'll bounce any threads for you

Did too!  Have a read ;-)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:06:22 PM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »

I had heavy bleeding on conti HRT and as has been said it is probably the fact that your lining had built up with the Tibolone. Did you go straight from Tibolone to Elleste?  How many pads/tampons are you getting through? Also, how long had you been period free before starting on Tibolone? Sorry for so many questions!

Clotting is good by the way as it shows your clotting mechanism is working well. It may feel horrible though.

Taz x