Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Any advice on restless leg  (Read 3871 times)

Foni1

Any advice on restless leg
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »

Just wondering if anyone can help with restless legs...cramp and tingling, weird sensation driving me crazy today.   😓
I've tried walking it off but not helping.
Any suggestions PLEASE 😊

Ju Ju

Re: Any advice on restless leg
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »

Magnesium! DH has RLS and it impacts on my sleep. He was advised by his chiropractor to take magnesium supplements, but as he has difficulty swallowing tablets etc (lucky he doesn't have to normally) he uses a spray from Better You, which you can buy from Holland and Barrett. I take magnesium supplements for a different reason following advice and these are in tablet form from Natures Sunshine. When DHs legs start twitching and threaten to make me feel seasick, I can be heard to say "Have you sprayed?" And usually that's when he's forgotten. In his case it does make a difference.

Foni1

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

Hi Ju Ju
Thank you for that info. Ive just started folic acid supplement as my levels were low so I'll pop to the health shop tomorrow and see what I can find.
It feels like everyday there's something new to deal with 🙄 Oh the joy of being female 😁
Thanks once again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:16:20 PM »

BANANAS  ;D - for years I slept with legs elevated as that was the only thing that helped.  Legs are OK in the day but once in bed  >:(

Then I began eating several bananas daily and hey presto! a side effect - no more restless legs.  I had relief for over 10 years  :bounce: then went 'off' bananas ....... now I take Nurofen 30 mins. B4 bed if symptoms start.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:00:26 AM »

Hi Foni - restless leg syndrome is caused, amongst other things, by an iron deficiency. Hopefully you should find that once your level begins to rise as you've now started the supplement your legs will feel much better.  http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Restless-leg-syndrome/Pages/Causes.aspx

Taz x

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 07:11:07 AM »

My RLS was iron and vit d dificiency.

So many take magnesium I had a blood test and have very good levels of M , so taking M would not have been good as with everything to much is also not good. 

Foni1

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »

Thanks for all the advice.   
Good to hear of other solutions.  I'm hoping the supplements will kick in soon before I go completely crazy lol. 
It's just weird how everything just starts from nowhere. Really appreciate your support ladies.
Thank you
Have a great weekend xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »

Try elevating the bed too ;-) - I'm trying to eat a banana  ::)

Peroxideblader

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »

I've tried magnesium sadly it didn't help but as contraversal as it is I tried a low dose of CBD oil and it sorted it straight away..sadly it's very expensive it works out around £50 a month so I couldn't maintain that but I do take it every now and then...worth a try.( it works for Parkinson disease and fits all related )

squeezy

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »

I suffer from RLS have done for over 10 years, I also have Vit B12 deficiency and have boosters every 3 months, My mum has RLS and my granddad had it as well, I have read somewhere it can be hereditary.

I get it in the calf muscle mainly and it drives me nuts.  The only thing that works for me and it sounds brutal is a leg massage as hard as you can stand it, followed by being pummelled and then having the calf muscle jiggled (think waving you arm and your bingo wings jiggling back and forward) to relieve the pain I've just sustained.

I have tried a seed bag on it as well, however it doesn't really relieve it like a leg massage does.  Oh and don't use oil as it makes the fingers slip and doesn't dig into the ache as much.

S x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 09:49:26 PM »

I get Himself to rub my legs hard ...... sometimes it helps.

Have you tried any of our ideas?

Jintyhilton

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »

Hi foni, restless legs are really terrible and one of the many symptoms I had prior to administering transdermal estrogen ....  I'm not a regular user of the site and not great at navigating it either ... so I'm not entirely sure if you already take anything.... x