Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after a year  (Read 996 times)

KindredSpirit56

Bleeding after a year
« on: September 02, 2017, 06:08:26 PM »

Hello
I'm a newbie & grateful of any advice!
I originally started on Everol patches in the U.K in 2010 but I moved to The Netherlands and the Dutch Dr said they can't get the patches here, they hate HRT here but I managed to get tablets instead. I had no problem with the patches but I also had a Merina coil at the time which I since had removed. I am 56yrs and taking femoston Conti 1/5 I was on 2/10 but had it reduced I have taken it for a year now but have started having periods about 6 months ago which have gone from every 2 weeks to every other week! Last week I had a scan & biopsy and the scan showed normal womb lining now waiting for my biopsy results. The gynaecologist said I shouldn't be on HRT and to come off but that's cause they don't think any here should ever take it. I started because my U.K cardiologist said it protects my heart & keeps my cholesterol down if started early & taken for 10yrs. My cholesterol was then still high at 14.2 I have taken statins but got muscle pain so came off now looking into the injections, will discuss that next week at my cardio appt. Anybody got any thoughts? Anyone else start having frequent periods on Conti? Anyone got high cholesterol & taking HRT?

I have a underactive thyroid & am taking Thyroxine.
I have FH High cholesterol 16.4 got a apt with cardiologist next week.

linz57

Re: Bleeding after a year
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »

Hi kindredspirit, I used to use a conti patch, FemSeven Conti and was fine on it for about 16 months. I then started having a show of dark brown blood approximately every month and then every two weeks. I had all the tests done and all that could be found was a very slightly thickened endometrium lining. 6.1mm.
The doctor seemed to think I was not getting enough progesterone to balance the total amount of estrogen in my body from both the patch and my fat cells. I did not have high cholesterol though, in fact the hrt kept mine low
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:04:59 AM by linz57 »