Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pain in leg possibly from new HRT??  (Read 4068 times)

Emeraldeyes1481

Pain in leg possibly from new HRT??
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:44:11 PM »

Hi everyone, just wanting your advice/opinion/expert knowledge!!

I changed onto HRT patches a couple of weeks ago, and the past few days ive been having a discomforting cramp style pain in my left leg, today it seems to have got worse, all the way from my hip bone to just above my ankle, and seems to be getting worse as the day goes on.

I really don't want to come across like a hypochondriac but it does seem to co inside with taking this new HRT as ive never suffered before. I don't know is it worth trying to get into to the doctors about it? Or is it just a side effect, just with knowing you can get a blood clot, I don't know what it would feel like.

Can anyone give me their opinion on what I should do, or if they have experienced it before.

Much appreciated xx

Salad

Re: Pain in leg possibly from new HRT??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »

No idea what that could be - not very helpful I know  :-\

Maybe a sciatica type pain but that's usually from buttock then down leg and you would probably have known if you'd pulled your back.

Perhaps a pharmacist would be able to tell you if it could possibly be related to HRT?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 10:34:21 PM »

This is the info about DVT (blood clot) http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Deep-vein-thrombosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx. My mum had three DVT's during her lifetime and they made her feel quite ill as well as suffering severe pain in the calf. She couldn't bend her foot upwards and her leg was really hot to touch in the area of the clot. She also had a fever and vomiting but everyone is different. I can remember the doctor saying that the presence of heat and/or a red patch was an important symptom. She also couldn't bear weight on the leg.

Taz x

Emeraldeyes1481

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »

Thanks Taz and Salad, appreciate your input.

Ive got a doctors app coming up so im going to check with them then as its still ongoing.

xx

Samade

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 11:20:40 AM »

I had a dvt in my calf 5 years ago. It is always worth checking out and gps will never mind checking it. One of the things the nurse did was take a measurement of both calves to see if one is bigger than the other.
The staff at my practice were brilliant, mine felt like a slightly strained calf and the turned into permanent cramp.
 Xx