Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti patches  (Read 1992 times)

Bluebell

Evorel Conti patches
« on: August 29, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »

Hi ladies, I've been on half an Evorel Conti patch since April. I tried to go up to a full patch but had bad side effects - extreme anxiety, felt really down.
I've decided to come off them now because I'm still feeling anxious off and on and didn't suffer with this before I went on HRT.
I went on the patches because of palpitations /flutterings but still getting them off and on too.
What I wanted to ask is - can I just take the patch off or should I cut bits off until there's nothing left? 🤔 🤷🏼‍♀️

dazned

Re: Evorel Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »

Some just stop,I did, some taper off. There's no right or wrong. See what you feel like I'm a few weeks then you can reassess the situation.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »

Evorel has Norethisterone as the progesterone component and this is known to cause anxiety and depression plus PMT type symptoms in some women.

I would say go back to your GP and ask for a different type of HRT. If you want a patch then FemSeven has a much kinder progesterone in it. Also, if you don't mind having a monthly bleed, you could try a sequi HRT where you are only using progesterone for the second half of each month. It is often the progesterone which causes mood changes.

As for the heart flutterings/palpitations I found that I needed a whole patch for them to disappear. Half a patch wasn't enough oestrogen to sort it out.

Hope you feel better soon.

Taz x

Bluebell

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:22:39 AM »

Thanks for replying Dazned. 😉

Bluebell

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 06:25:39 AM »

Thanks Taz2. I'll come off the Evorel Conti for a few weeks - then ask to try the Femseven.
I appreciate your advice. 😉

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »

Let us know how you get on!

Taz x