Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Uterine lining on unopposed estradiol  (Read 1017 times)

jasper

Uterine lining on unopposed estradiol
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »

Hello everyone,
I posted a lot last yr about my attempts to use hrt to help chronic migraines and body pain (caused by chronic Lyme but exacerbated by hormones). I've been on evorel now for a year and a half and this has been unopposed apart from a couple of months or so last autumn trying Zoely and then Utrogestan- neither of which I can tolerate at all.

I'm 48 and have a regular cycle even when I went up to evorel 75. I have gone back down to 25 for last 5 months though because of the progesterone issue. My GP organised a scan to check lininig thickness on day 21 of a 28 day cycle. She says range is 7-16mm and mine was 14mm. So on high side but within range.

Because I have severe pain issues anyway, I am struggling to reduce any further. Should I be worried or should regular scans be sufficient to allow me to continue?

Thanks as ever

Mary G

Re: Uterine lining on unopposed estradiol
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »

Jasper, I'm sorry to hear that the Zoely didn't work out for you.  Like yourself I am progesterone intolerant and stuck with a super low dose of Utrogestan which I still don't really get on with.

That lining measurement is OK if you were about to shed but you might want to have it checked out immediately post bleed to see what it is.  If it is OK you should be able to continue as you are for now. 

Once you are post menopause, you might want to look at Duavive, the new HRT for severely progesterone intolerant, post menopausal women, which does not contain any progesterone.  I am going to give it a go shortly and will report back on here but you might want to read up in it for the future.

jasper

Re: Uterine lining on unopposed estradiol
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 03:37:54 PM »

Thanks Mary and good luck with the Duavive.

My understanding is day 21 is thickest it gets? I had my period 7 days later. Agree it would be interesting to see a scan early on cycle though I expect I'd have to do that privately. If I wasn't shedding sufficiently wouldn't it have been thicker?

Unfortunately i think I may be a long way off menopause as my cycle seems to remain predictable whatever I do.

Thanks again