Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti - bleeding / low mood  (Read 1024 times)

Emiflo

Everol Conti - bleeding / low mood
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:24:34 AM »

Morning - looking for some advice please?
I have been on hrt for nearly a year now (49yrs 2.5 years post meno).  GP started me on premique low dose last sept suited well but I had probs sourcing it and wanted to try a patch and avoid the conjugated estrogen.  So startled Everol Conti in May....however I am really struggling with unbelievable breast tenderness, low mood, my libido is rock bottom but I have also been spotting bleeding for the past 4 weeks getting heavier and this past week like a period. 
I am seeing my gp tomorrow and not sure how to approach this as appts are always so rushed I want to make sure I am asking the right questions and whether I should try a different treatment?
Thank you so much  :)

Hurdity

Re: Everol Conti - bleeding / low mood
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »

Hi Emiflo

A certain amolunt of spotting or bleeding is quite normal when you first start a new HRT type as your body will be acclimatising - in your case you have changed the method of delivery ( tabs to patches) as well as the oestrogen type (equine oestrogens to estradiol ) and the progestogen (MPA to norethisterone). The usual advice is to wait 6 months and if the bleeding continues to see your doc ( check the info?) but of course if you are worried now then do mention this. However the ongoing breast tenderness, low mood and pms type symptoms should have settled by now so it may well be due to the continuous progestogen (the norethisterone) which can give such continuous low-grade side effects in some women. If you want to stay with a patch then the only other combi one is Femseven which has a different progestogen. Otherwise you might want to think about separate patch or gel and progestogen. All these are listed in the Treatment tab above ( HRT preps). Anti-depressants are not indicated for your mood - since it is likely either due to the progestogen or possibly the oestrogen dose is not high enough (in which case the idea of separate oestrogen and prog would be a good one so that you could then increase the oestrogen if necessary). Do you still have flushes or sweats?

You have given this one 3 months so maybe it just doesn't suit you? The other alternative is to go back to a cycle and then your bleeds would be monthly and predictable (as when fertile and ovulating).

Hope this helps and is in time for your appt? Good luck with the doc and let us know what you decide and how you get on. :)

Hurdity x

Emiflo

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:24:57 PM »

Thank you Hurdity- I really appreciate your reply.  Unfortunately Dr was running late so very rushed - she wants me to keep on for a couple more months  before I try something else and is sending me for an ultrasound to check the bleeding. I do sometimes get hot flushes about 5am but nothing during the day. Feeling really low and teary last couple of days which I haven't for so long - so if it continues I may go back before.
Is it ok to try different treatments until you find one that suits?  Thanks again 😊

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »

Yes most of us have tried many before finding one that suits. ::)
You could be lucky with the first one though ! So try not to worry about it needlessly it will only exacerbate things. Hope you find an answer soon.