Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling horrendous  (Read 4398 times)

MissD67

Feeling horrendous
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »

So, I was initially prescribed evorel sequi conti/50 patches, but the progesterone part made me feel like I was constantly premenstrual and actually increased my symptoms.

A couple of weeks ago I was given Femoston tablets to take.  I feel terrible. So much so that I'm finding this post so difficult to write. I can't bring myself to do anything and feel like I just don't care about anything. My state of mind is so low and my whole being feels like it can't get any worse - mentally and physically.

Prior to taking HRT I was suffering from night sweats, dry vagina, and anxiety, but nothing as bad as this big black cloud that is currently engulfing me. I can't cope with anything and often spend my days (I'm currently on school holidays) hiding in bed and crying. I have to force myself to go out with my family.:-(  I wish I'd never started to take HRT. I've made an appointment with my GP for Friday and I'm going to ask about stopping taking it. I was watching A.Vogel videos on YouTube and she recommends magnesium. Any thoughts on this?

Sorry to moan. I'm so glad you guys are here to listen. x

Katia

Re: Feeling horrendous
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:11:01 PM »

I stopped for blood tests for a week and then went back on it. I thought it was the progesterone causing me to feel terrible, but it turned out to be the estrogen gel.  How were you without it?

MissD67

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:24:22 PM »

Oh and I haven't mentioned the stupid things I keep doing. I'm sure I'm developing dementia...my mam had it from her mid fifties.

I keep blanking out mid conversation and my family are starting to comment and ask if I'm okay.  I bumped into a girl who has been a student in the class I work in for the last year. I just could not think of her name, something that would not bother me because I can bluff through it usually, but my autistic son asked me who she was and I had to say, someone I work with. So embarrassing.

Last week we were on holiday and visited the Beatle's museum. I turned towards a corridor and told my son to be careful of the big step. I then tried to step over it before coming to my senses and realising I was trying to step into a mirror with a black bit at the base. I was absolutely mortified.  :'(

The other day I was in the car, parked up and looking at my phone. I yelped in horror as the car started to move and frantically checked the gear stick. It was then I realised it was the car beside me that was moving.

I'm sure I'll find all of this funny one day.  :-\

MissD67

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »

I stopped for blood tests for a week and then went back on it. I thought it was the progesterone causing me to feel terrible, but it turned out to be the estrogen gel.  How were you without it?

Hi Katia. I didn't actually have a break. I stopped the patches on the Friday and started the tablets on the Saturday. I felt fine on the oestrogen part of the patches, so the doctor thought I was reacting badly to the progesterone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »

It is not suiting you!  This is a huge change probably caused by the regime you have been prescribed. 

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary so that you have something concrete to take 2 your appt.?  There are many methods of HRT delivery. Perhaps decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

Let us know how you get on.

MissD67

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »

Thanks CLKD. Will do. I actually feel a bit more positive today. I've downloaded the Active 10 app and forced myself out for a brisk 10 minute walk. I need to stop wallowing and help myself.

Roseneath

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »

HI MissD67 I could have written your post 4 weeks ago. I had bad anxiety and sleeplessness ( I am 47) went on HRT and it got worse, a lot worse. My brain was a mush, couldn't find the right words, fuzzy thinking.  I felt almost paranoid; a very extreme version of the anxiety I had before. Called GP and they took me off the HRT straight away. Four weeks off it and  I feel back to the old me; still get anxious around a week before me period but the awful fear and fuzzyness is much better. I get the impression that there is a huge range of HRT  so I wish I had done more research and questioning before I jumped onto it. The doctor even said it could be my hormones are too high not too low so the HRT just made things worse. It is a minefield. I would say really try and find a GP you can talk too (female one over 40!), even if it means changing practises. She also said if the side effects are worse than the original problem then stop taking it. Maybe ask for a phone consultation to talk things over. I take 40mg proprananol now and try to stay busy and outside. Belive me the muddled words and doing stupid things comes with the hormones and anxiety. You worry about it and it gets worse.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »

MissD - you wallow!  If you feel poorly then wallow!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

I've posted my own on this and I feel suicidal literally and I've fought back for years against that only for 2 weeks on femoston to put me back I am so low so I'm not continuing I can't feel like this on top of no sleep. I'm going to get the oestrogel/utrogestan regime but presume I don't start that until day one of my next period? Does anyone know if it's any better oestrogen wise in oestrogel and the femoston is still the oestrigen pill and it's made things ten times worse

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »

Have a  :bighug:

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »

Hi MissD67

Sorry to hear about your problems with finding the right HRT. I'm wondering where you are in menopause ie what your periods were doing before you started? There are other types - if you want a combi HRT patch then there is Femseven which seems to be better tolerated. Otherwise if tablets don't suit you then you can try oestrogen patches ( or gel) with separate progesterone (or a synthetic one called Provera) and then you can adjust the dose of either one to suit.

You do have to expect to experience some side effects initially - so may have to feel worse (in some respects) before feeling better overall - although flushes and sweats should disappear fairly soon.

Great that you are taking steps to help yourself and have a positive outlook - walking is brilliant for that!

Hurdity x

MissD67

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I hadn't had a period since February before starting HRT. The last one I had was very light and didn't feel like a period at all. I'll talk to the doctor tomorrow about the different options, but to be honest I don't feel like touching HRT, in any form, again! :-\

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 09:13:24 PM »

Take a list to the appt. with you?

MissD67

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »

Hi Roseneath. Hugs to you. It's not nice is it? I am certain it's fown to the Femoston. I've been on ADs since I lost my brother (which also coincided with the early stages of the peri-menopause). I used to take propanonol for migraines but had to stop when I was diagnosed with an inherited heart condition. I now take Bisprolol(?) and this has really helped with the palpitations. I'm wondering about cognitive therapy.

MissD67

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »

I have listed the symptoms in my phone, CLKD. I have to otherwise I can't remember.  ??? Thank you for the support, btw. It is much appreciated. x
Pages: [1] 2