Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling bad, is it hrt or anxiety  (Read 1732 times)

Kerryb

Feeling bad, is it hrt or anxiety
« on: August 23, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »

Hi

I am 44 and have been on hrt for years, even though it stopped my hot flushes I have never felt great on hrt. I also suffer with anxiety.

I had the mirena coil fitted 18 months ago and was on 100 estrogen only patch.  I have now reduced to 75 then 50 in the last couple of months and I feel awful.

My problem is I don't know if it's the change in estrogen or anxiety that's making me feel so awful. Am starting to worry that I won't be able to face work and I've only been in my job 7 weeks.  :(

Anyone feel the same when changing dose?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling bad, is it hrt or anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:06:40 PM »

How many years exactly have you been prescribed HRT and why have you reduced your dosage?  Can you remember which symptoms you wanted to ease when you went on treatment?

When was your last monthly period?  at age 44 it is useful to use HRT as it protects heart and bones, maybe have a look-see at the Daisy web-site? 

Did you suffer with anxiety B4 you began to notice a lack of bleeds?  There are other medications other than HRT to treat anxiety, some ladies also find that they need both HRT and anti-anxiety pills.

Browse round.  Make notes.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »

It might just be that particular hrt isn't best suited to you.  It's always worth trying a different one as it could be the dose or the particular hrt that is making you feel rotten

Kerryb

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »

Thank you both for replying. I was meant to say I've been on hrt for four years. I've also been on citalopram since I was around 20.

I'm trying to come off hrt or take a lower dose because since hitting menopause at 39 and hrt I've gone from a size 10 to a size 20. I also have never felt good on hrt, even though I stopped getting hot flushes I was always permanently hot and totally lost my sex drive. I'm hoping having mirena out that'll change.

I suppose I'm trying to find out if other women feel different when lowering or upping their dose.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:59:54 PM »

So the anxiety is not hormonal led?  I take 5mg night and morning as well as 20mg Propranolol monring/evening and have an emergency tablet for when anxiety over-takes me.

Have you kept a mood/food/symptom diary to give you a clue how you are daily?  It is easy to forget when we have a good day how bad we can feel  ::)

Let us know how you get on.

Kerryb

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »

Thank you again for your time. Did your anxiety get worse when you changed hrt dose?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 10:07:08 PM »

I haven't needed HRT other than for vaginal atrophy - I have taken anti-depressants since 1989 ......... BBs since 2001 in various forms and combinations  ::)

DaisyB

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 05:24:05 AM »

KerryB welcome :bighug:  if you want to take a look at my posts you will see anxiety has been main issue. Mirena inserted in April - 10 times worse within a few days. Patch went on and symptoms got a little better but only really started to dissipate when sandrena gel 1 mg per day went on. Recently I changed to estrogel and within 12 hrs I was bloated, uncomfortable and anxiety started to return! Hope that's helpful to you Xx

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »

I have been increasing estradot dose as was feeling awful. I was convinced it was too high until I had bloods done and I had no estrogen on a 50mcg dose. Could your doctor take bloods to see if your levels have gone too low. I felt physically I'll when on 50mcg.  I was 38 when this began so also very early. X