Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Premarin, any positive reviews please  (Read 6166 times)

Mer109

Premarin, any positive reviews please
« on: February 05, 2017, 04:09:26 PM »

Hi

I have read a lot of negatives in regards to Premarin and am about to change from Tibolone to Premarin 0.625, i know we all react differently but I would appreciate hearing any positive results anyone has had on this HRT.

Tempest

Re: Premarin, any positive reviews please
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »

I'd like to tell you I got on ok with it, Mer - but sadly I had to stop it due to dizziness! It was extreme in my case - and was dose dependent. I started on 0.3mg which didn't do much to control symptoms, but 0.625mg left me crazy dizzy about 5 - 7 hours after taking it. Don't be discouraged though - it may work out ok for you! xxxx

dazned

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »

Sorry I have no personal experience of it,just try to remember though there will be 1000s of women out there doing well on it ,living life to the max  ;)

Unfortunately women like us on here are the ones who for whatever reason have had difficulties finding a hrt to suit us. Its all trial and error ,the chances are you will be fine,so try to be positive and not look for negatives. Good luck.

Mer109

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 04:29:12 PM »

Hi Tempest - I searched on Premarin and your prev post came up, sounds as though you had a really bad episode. Its a shame about the Tibolone because the first 5 weeks until hormone crash I felt fab just normal post op issues, continued for a further 7 weeks and apart from dizziness/balance all good. You never know ENT tests may throw up other reasons for symptoms and I may be able to gave Tibolone another try but for now I will attempt anything to be able to leave the house and function on a daily basis.

I really need to get back to work, they are getting a little impatient x

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »

Bless your heart, Mer! Yes - give it a go! And we're here to support you, you know! I never sniff at any type of HRT, if it works then it's the right HRT for you! Good luck - and start a thread! It's good to track your progress, and we can all cheer you on and keep you going. xxxxx

elliebean

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »

Hi Mer,

I wanted to speak up as somebody who was happily on Premarin for many years. I had a TAH/BSO when I was 34 and was put straight on 1.25mg of Premarin daily and stayed on it for the next 20 odd years. I didn't suffer any problems or side effects, that I remember. So I'd suggest it's definitely worth giving it a go, at least.

Good luck xxx

lorraine.holtham

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »

I've been on premarin for about 15 years, it cured me of debilitating hot flushes and never had any side effects except feeling 100 times better. I am currently on the lowest dose taking 1 tablet every 2 days and still seems to work but will try and go off of it soon and see how I go.

shoppingqueen

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »

I'd like to tell you I got on ok with it, Mer - but sadly I had to stop it due to dizziness! It was extreme in my case - and was dose dependent. I started on 0.3mg which didn't do much to control symptoms, but 0.625mg left me crazy dizzy about 5 - 7 hours after taking it. Don't be discouraged though - it may work out ok for you! xxxx
Hi Mer
I tried it and it was amazing for my symptoms slept really well, very calm and absolutely no flushing. I must have same make up as Tempest as had to stop because was dizzy/ constant spongey spaced out feeling. I was returning to work after long holiday and was worried about this in my job. I was gutted. Nevertheless, I would try it again as I had a lot of other things going on and it might not have been the Premarin causing it. I did A LOT of googling and there are many, many positive reports from women who often have been on it for years and years like ladies here. I read it's one of the most prescribed HRTs still in the USA so it must be working well for so many. I wouldn't hesitate to try it. Go for it- everyone is different and this could be your dream preparation! keep us posted xx

Tempest, how long did your symptoms go on for and how long did you take it?? I only ask as I did a month just loved it had I not had this effect 😀 Xx SQ
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:59:33 PM by shoppingqueen »

Annemaria

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »

Hi Mer,
I've been on Premarin for 9 years and doing very well on it. No side effects, just 100% awesomeness.
Annemarie

shoppingqueen

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »

Hi Annemaria
I remembered you had great success with this- am I right in that you'd tried estradiol but went back to conjugated? What issues did you have with the bioidentical? ( sorry, mer- don't want to hijack thread) do you take prog with Premarin and if you you don't mind saying, if so which are you using?
SQ xx

Annemaria

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »

Hi Shopping Queen,

At 51 I started on Premarin .625mg. and Medroxyprogesterone 2.50mg. daily. At 56 I reduced to 1/2 dosage daily. I wanted to see how I did on half dose. At 58 I reduced to half dose every other day. It was going fine for six months no meno symptoms at all. Until one day I wake up with VA plus bladder atrophy with a vengeance. My doctor said "why not go back on full, doing great on them" I told her I just wanted to see where I was. She offered me Premarin cream or I could try Vagifem. Tried the Vagifem just because it's not so messy. Well within minutes I inserted it, there was this nasty burn and within one hour my entire nether regions were on fire.
To make a long story short. I went back on regular oral dosage and within two weeks all was fine again. I will heed my dr. advice from now one. She knows her stuff.  :cupcake:

shoppingqueen

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 08:28:03 PM »

Oh thanks Annemaria
That's great all settled and ouch that sounds bad! I often think you don't realise how much work the HRT is doing until it's not there or they snatch it away and discontinue it ☹️ For me it was Premique!

I really want to give Premarin another shot with the MPA provera as it was fab for all my symptoms. Just hoping the dizzies stay away if I do.

Its soooo good to hear positives thank you 🌸

Katia

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »

I'm going to be looking for a replacement for the gel and my gynae mentioned Premarin at my last appointment. I always did well on the synthetics in the pill. Does Premarin seem more like them?
I notice the dose is different for Premarin to estradiol. Is the lowest dose about the same as the lowest of estradiol or higher?