Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mum died. Chest pain. Anxiety, especially in the morning. Buzzing head. Nausea  (Read 5560 times)

Leigh M

• First Flush

Hello Alibeau and others.
Thank you all for your replies.
I do not understand how I can reply to individual posts on here, can someone tell me how I do this?
Alibeau I am interested to hear of your experience. I have been prescribed propanalol and Omaprezole (for the digestive stuff).
I have been having such extreme anxiety that I never knew could exist, also about 5 weeks since mum dying when it kicked in. Everything has stopped for me, I was studying a maters in Podiatry which I have had to pause. I am also a practicing acupuncturist with not so many clients at this time, so I have a lot of tools in my box for self care. Sayint that, I am often hard wired into fight-flight that it's tricky to get them out!
I'm not sure how I message individuals.
Thank you. With kindness and gratitude
Leigh x

Hi Leigh,

Just checking in to see how you are feeling?

Hope you are ok  :hug:

Ali x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

A message to all of us in one is absolutely fine. 

How have you felt this week?  I took Propranolol every night from 2002 until 12 months ago, with success; it lessened the risk of overwhelming anxiety flooring me.  I take 1 Omaprezole at night for an annoying clearing throat reflex due to reflux.

alibeau

Morning Leigh and hi CLKD!

I'm not sure what I can tell you or how I can help?

I had no idea how physical grief could be.  Yes we like you had a terrible shock but I had no idea that I would suffer with such terrible physical symptoms. I was clearly operating on adrenaline for about 3 weeks and then the crash came.

I can't remember what I was given in A&E but I was told it could possibly be addictive and to get to my GP for an appointment. So I was prescribed Propanalol and in the first couple of months I do think it helped to 'steady' my chest symptoms but given my blood pressure was previously low ish the Propanlol just left me paranoid about my low heart rate and I was over thinking the whole thing.  So whilst on a holiday and so slightly distracted I slowly lowered the dose to nothing with no ill effect.

I still suffer with chesty physical symptoms two years later, nowhere near as bad and probably linked to ongoing family struggles and/or Peri... I had not suffered with any type of anxiety issues prior to our bereavement

I try to stick to my 'positive' rituals, little bit of make up on, take vits and supplements, HRT, burn some essential oils.  Who knows if any of these actually work but they set me off on a path of trying to stay positive every day....

Following advice from lovely ladies on here, I now take a Magnesium supplement which has dramatically reduced my palpitations.

If there is anything specific you would like to ask, fire away and if I can be of any help, please let me know.

Sending love and light.

Ali x

CLKD

4 me routine is important.  Anything out of ordinary and my anxiety levels rise.  Even a shopping trip!

Little steps.  Sudden death is a shock.  CRUSE are very good at listening but may have a waiting list, so contacting your local Group might help.

There are several stages of grief.  A lot of it hurts  :'(

Julia Dizzy

Hello Leigh, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your lovely Mum and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you. My 93 year old Mum passed away 3 weeks ago to Alzheimer's and Covid and I know exactly how you are feeling. :'( My daughter and I sat for a week holding her hand watching her slowly slip away.

The anxiety after running on adrenaline for weeks is horrible and my stomach has butterflies most of the time, which is giving me IBS type symptoms and feel nauseous. I am trying to stay positive and have been sorting out what needed to be done.
I am on Omeprazole for reflux and waiting for a gastroscopy to check out my stomach issues, I had recently restarted HRT in January after a 2 month break and bloated stomach with lots of gas which seems to be worse with pain in my lower right abdomen.
I also have sharp twinges in my right breast which I think needs checking out. I am on Estradot 50 and Utrogestan 100mg daily and am 64. I'm not too sure HRT suits me, but its the only thing that gets rid of my hot flushes? I know most of my symptoms will be stress related, as I was told that when I had an ultrasound scan on my tummy a couple of weeks ago.

I have a GP phone consult on Monday am and may ask to try antidepressants for the anxiety, I tried Prozac a couple of months ago but they didn't suit me. I am also on Atenolol beta blockers. Can anyone recommend the best type of antidepressant that has the least side effects? I don't want to be knocked out with them?

I just feel a bit of a mess health wise, but am hopefully coming to terms with the fact I no longer have my Mum. Every now and again just get waves of sadness washing over me and then I'll be ok again. I guess it's all normal to feel this way and let's hope in time we can all start to feel a bit better.

Sending you hugs and please be kind to yourself as best as you can. xxx

CLKD

Julia - your feelings are normal.  There is no time nor pattern to grieve, it is individual. 

There are some anti-depressant medications that ease hot flushes. Apparently.  HRT seems to cover more symptoms.  How long have you taken HRT for, it can take 4-5 months to kick in.

I have pains in my breasts, if it's the right one I wonder as I had surgery in 1995.  But it's probably my hormones rising and falling.  I do use 'ovestin' for vaginal atrophy ...... do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful to chart progress. 

Julia Dizzy

Thank you for your kind words CLKD, I have been on HRT for well over a year now apart from a 2 month break last October, still never felt marvellous though in all the time I've been on it!
The breast pain I had after going back on HRT on Jan 4th was nothing like I've ever had before, zapping sharp pain and burning, which has now subsided slightly since ripping my patch off and stopping the Utrogestan last Friday! I just thought I can't cope with this pain, sod the HRT!
I read it doesn't suit everyone, but I hope the hot flushes don't come back too bad but have no doubt they will as they were always the worst symptom along with VA.
I do use Vagifem every other night and Yes VM.
My GP said today I probably have IBS due to having an anxious tummy most of the time with everything that has been going on. Have to try Buscopan for spasms and peppermint oil to help with the gas.
He's doing some bloods then having another chat with me in a couple of weeks about the HRT and anxiety. Hells bells, ohhh to feel normal!!
Pages: 1 [2]