Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet 2mg  (Read 2126 times)

Pinkamanda

Elleste duet 2mg
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:33:08 AM »

Hi All
I posted recently about my experience with elleste duet 2mg and I need to just understand what I may need as a replacement for this particular HRT, I found the first half of the packet made me very "hyped" and anxious, but as I have started on the second half of the pack this seems to have eased this I believe is the norethisterone part, is there any HRT that would give me slightly less estradiol to begin with and a a different norethisterone as when previously on this part my hot flushes were worse, it confusing me rather ?? .

Hurdity

Re: Elleste duet 2mg
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 04:52:52 PM »

Hi Pinkamanda

I can't remember where you are in menopause re natural periods, cycle length, age etc? However - yes there is a 1 mg Elleste Duet preparation which may well suit you better at this point. If you are generally tolerating the norethisterone - then that's great - as this is the progestogen that causes problems for some women! However there is a preparation called Femoston which contains a progestogen more similar to our own - and I don't recall women saying their flushes increased on the second part of the pack - well not to the extent as for the norethisterone anyway. Also comes in 1 mg and 2 mg doses.

It might be tricky changing both the oestrogen and the progestogen at once - but as you've only been taking it a short time - then probably now is as good a time as any ie change to 1/10. Having said that - it is usual to give HRT types 3 months - for the side effects to settle - even if the main reason for starting HRT such as flushes and sweats have already gone much sooner.

All the different types are listed here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

There are also pages for separate oestrogen and progesterone.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x