Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10-Sore Throat, Tired, Flat Mood  (Read 3009 times)

angela27

Femoston 2/10-Sore Throat, Tired, Flat Mood
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:48:26 PM »

Hi i am 48 and have just changed from Evorel Sequi 50 patches (wearing 2 at a time for increased dose) to Femoston 2/10.Straight off i had headaches, strangely a sore throat and bad under eye swelling?, i also bled for the first 8 days. As a plus my mood improved within the first couple of hours and the first few days were great i felt just like myself, form was good, able to have a laugh with my children, not irritable etc.. Then the good form started to go, i would say my mood is flat, quite irritable, pretty tired just cant be bothered with anything. I am so disappointed i thought that was it back to myself!!

About to start week 3 tomorrow and hoping things dont get worse as i didnt get on with the Conti patch at all though i know this is a different progesterone.
I have read a lot of the the threads on femoston cant see that anyone has experienced anything similar and know that you should give it up to 3 months.

Is there anyone that has had similar experiences with Femoston, great initially then started to slip mood wise etc..?

I know there are a lot of women going through worse than me but i have had a horrible time from february this year and can honestly say i am so fed up with peri menopause and hrt so tempted to just stop it altogether though i know this wouldnt be wise!!!!

Hoping to hear from someone.

Salad

Re: Femoston 2/10-Sore Throat, Tired, Flat Mood
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 10:58:08 PM »

I'm an Oestrogen only user so not very experienced with your medication - sorry.

Menopause is rough that's for sure and I share your frustrations and desire to just feel back to normal.
I get the swelling eye symptom - I have it tonight  :)
I'm guessing it's a fluid retention related problem and not very attractive either!

Hopefully others might comment and be of more use re your HRT.

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »

I felt very low on femeston and could only do a few weeks, as I get depression to. Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:17:12 AM »

It is trial and error with HRT - we are all going to experience different things with any HRT type.
Taking any conti HRT will give more low mood effects generally because of using progesterone all the time - though somoe women feel better when in the progesterone - we are all Sui different .
It sounds to me as though you are in a high dose that may not be suiting you. I firmly believe one should always start low and only increase dose if flushes are not under control - I always felt worse on higher doses.
If you want a non bleed HRT regime, then have you considered a Merina with seperate oestrogen as patch or gel? Less progesterone is circulated systemically( there can be an initial hit in the first few weeks) so generally less progesterone side effects.
Femoston has one of the kindest progesterones so is usually tolerated better but any HRT will take time to settle - so maybe your body needs to adjust??
I do believe it is good to take a break from HRT for at least 4 weeks occasionally to truly gage how you feel and then start on a low dose for the first 2-3 months before increasing.
DG x

Katia

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »

I tried femoston for a short stint.  I bloated badly and couldn't stop eating.  I thought the bloating would pass as I bloated with utrogestan and it did.  I wasn't sure about the crazy eating though so I went back on estrogel, but that gives me really bad puffy, swollen eyes.  I feel like my eyes aren't at all focused.