Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Morning anxiety  (Read 8035 times)

babyjane

Re: Morning anxiety
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 06:25:36 PM »

escitalopram is one of the gentler SSRIs I was told by my GP.  I was started on its sister drug, Citalopram, but the escit has less violent side effects I was told and I found it so.  It's a bit unkind if you want to taper off it.  I did try to see if I still needed it and I did.  I went really weird for the short time I did not take it and ended up at the doctors where it was explained to me why I needed it and I was advised to restart it straight away.  I am feeling a lot better now and won't be doing that again in a hurry!

weathergirl

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »

I think all of the SSRIs can be challenging to discontinue.  That is one of the reasons I keep my dose low as well, in case in time I decide to try to wean/taper. 
I'm glad you found what works for you!  :)  It can sometimes be a bit of trial and error.
 I was fortunate that I never had any side effects, only relief!  After I had been on it a few weeks, I cursed myself for having let myself suffer so very long. 
I tried a few off/on over the years prior to the Zoloft but would be nervous about being on a medication and take myself off of it quickly before I had a chance to really see any effect.   
When i decided to give the Zoloft a try, I was really at very rock bottom. :(  It was very, very bad.  Staying on it really saved my sanity.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 09:08:33 PM »

They are NOT addictive in the same way as the opiates though.  Some need tapering off.  Some can be stopped at once.  5mg isn't much BJ, I take that twice a day as a 'maintenance dose' advised by a Psychiatrist who visited at home, my GP was really worried about me at that time.  A pattern of depression was noted and a betablocka was added to the mix - mainly it keeps me ticking over.  That hit in the morning though is dreadful for me and a sign of depression is early morning wakening.

When out of my routine I still wake with the feeling of dread  :'(

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »

weathergirl I am also glad that your medication works for you.  Zoloft is sertraline in the UK and I have heard/read of many patients who had a bad time with it.

Hi CLKD, I am feeling better in myself since restarting my Cipralex and 5mg seems to be enough along with propranolol twice a day.  Today I am feeling I have been run over by a truck after the weekend but that is just the effects of an over busy time, adrenaline and excitement.  I am used to the come down after exertion now .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 07:10:39 PM »

That's good news BJ  :foryou:

I woke suddenly on Monday morning as we had commitments yesterday and thought "oh no!" but anxiety went off after breakfast.
Pages: 1 [2]