Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Good days bad days anxiety  (Read 1416 times)

Hills

Good days bad days anxiety
« on: August 30, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »

Some days I feel ok but others I have nasty anxiety especially in the mornings, I'm taking estrogel but coming of Prozac as it hasn't helped at all, I'm on 4pumps of estrogel and have been for 9 weeks anyone out there experienced this xx

Marie62

Re: Good days bad days anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »

Yes I'm the same, been taking Angeliq tablets for about 6 weeks now and for about the last 5 weeks I've had the morning anxiety as soon as I wake also diarrhoea every morning for about the last 3 weeks >:(
Feel better as the day goes on but can get a dip in the afternoon where I feel very low.
It's so difficult to know if it's the HRT that's causing it or my own hormones, I'm now thinking that hrt can only cure the hot flushes and makes no difference to the anxiety and depression, that's my experience anyway as I've been on 3 different types, all great for flushes but did nothing for me mentally, maybe an AD would help but I'm too scared of the side effects so I'm pretty much running out of options.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »

Marie62 - see my query to you in another thread ;-)

If anxiety is taking over your Life - what's to lose by trying appropriate medication?

Maybe think back to how you were prior to each period?  I had low moods with tears B4 each blood, even when a period wasn't due I would cry a lot the night B4.  Those moods were different to the depression which eventually over-whelmed me  :'( for which I take appropriate medication.

Some ladies find HRT Trial and Error in that they have to try many types and combinations B4 finding something that suits them.  Many drugs for many conditions has the same problems.  Sometimes it's not about a 'cure' but easing symptoms.  HRT can also help ladies almost immediately, some need HRT and ADs side by side.  We are all different!

Hills

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »

I am taking appropriate medication ?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

That's good.  Some HRT needs a tweek depending on where abouts a lady might be in her 'journey'.

Marie62

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »

CLKD
I've never had depression in my life before the menopause or any pms, periods were totally fine and regular. Had the odd bout of anxiety but there was always a cause, moving house or financial worries. Not feeling 2 bad just now but if I get depression again I think I'll have to try an AD,if the side effects become too much I can always stop  :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »

It's hard work sometimes!  ADs can take 3-4 months B4 benefit is noticed but if one is found that suits, what's to lose?  Nothing needs to be fore-ever but it can ease over-all worries.