Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On HRT too long?  (Read 4503 times)

Hurdity

Re: On HRT too long?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 04:40:03 PM »

Great news Meg!! It just shows how important it is to be well-informed and persistent. How fortunate that the docs had had a meeting about the NICE Guidelines and HRT - just what should be happening everywhere!!!

I hope you continue to feel well and happy :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 04:42:23 PM »

A meeting at the Surgery to inform GPs - by whom exactly?  Is someone going around to bring GPs up to date? 

Your GP however should have read your notes B4 you went into the appt..  :bang: but at least you have been listened to.

Let us know how you get on?

Meg0909

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 07:18:11 AM »

Thanks for all your support everyone.  My poor GP is a wonderful man but totally overworked, so I do forgive him.  I think something should be done about GPs, they are so out of date and giving patients like me false advise with sometimes devastating results. They are still so anti hrt, it's about time they changed their attitudes.  A lady GP i saw recently insisted I came off hrt within 2 weeks and gave me a prescription for an anti-depressant as a substitute - considering she had never met me before (and I had only gone to ask her to take a look at a mole on my back) this could have been a very dangerous step if I had followed her advise.  Dr. Heather Currie has been my saviour throughout the past few weeks.  I used her email service and she has been absolutely amazing, replied to every email I sent within days.  I have struggled for years not knowing where to go for answers, and with just a few emails she has given me such positive information I am now clear as to the way forward.  I can't thank her enough, she has totally changed my life.  I was slipping into a very bad depression because I was following the advise of GPs and trying to come off my oestrogen.  Now Heather has given me such confidence to be able to tell my GP I am not stopping my hrt.  I was able to provide him with all the evidence & information Heather has given me, and am looking forward to a life on hrt, nobody is going to make me come off it (unless I have to for other health reasons).  I'm sure there must be so many women out there suffering at the hands of ill informed GPs.  :'(

peri

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 07:38:19 AM »

Well done Meg0909

I worry about the number of women who are fobbed off with anti-depressants from GP's who are not up to date.  I've had nothing but support from my GP' s who are very on the ball but I know from this forum that's not always the case for everyone.  Hopefully your story will inspire and inform those struggling and show persistence pays off x
Pages: 1 [2]