Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: gall stones  (Read 1395 times)

daisie

gall stones
« on: August 21, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »

hi ladies ..iv not been on for a while  just need to know if anyone has had their gallbladder revoved  i was took to hospital over a week ago with severe stomach pain suffered 3 days of it at home thinking it would go away but it didnt doctor came out to see me and referd me to the hospital i had a high temperature was sweating a lot anf felt ill  they put me on a drip of fluids and pumped antibiotics into me went for a scan it was showing gallstones and an infected gallbladder so im having it removed in 6 weeks time i just need to know what will it be like after having it removed ..stressing now thinking of the operation x daisie

clouston22

Re: gall stones
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:35:38 PM »

hi, I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. It was emergency surgery. I took ill over night and had bad tachycardia with severe abdominal pain.  luckily they didn't send me home and done surgery very next day. This was done keyhole. I have 3 small scars. on my stomach and you are discharged within 24 hours. you will tender for a couple of days and I think they say 10-14 days off work as you will be tired although think this is more recovering from general anaesthetic. don't worry its not a bad procedure and much simpler than suffering pain the gallstones  cause.

Cecelia

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:34:59 PM »

Had my gallbladder removed in 2003 after years of severe pain. Things came to a head when I developed a very high temperature and became very ill.  All test showed no stones, unfortunately by the time they found the nasty culprits my gallbladder had fused to my bile duct. A condition known as Mirrizi syndrome. I had stage 2 -  no sure what it would have entailed progressing to stage 3. :-\.

What should have been a routine operation turned into far worse so I would definitely get it sorted now. Since the operation (can't believe it's all those years ago) the pain hasn't returned and can pretty much eat anything.

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:50:34 PM »

I had mine removed in 2009 keyhole surgery 24 hrs then home . Right as rain within a week resting and pottering no problems. You will be fine . :)

daisie

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 06:35:09 AM »

thanks ladies for your replys sooner i get it out the better ..on a low fat diet at moment x daisie