Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Getting through menopause, it does get better  (Read 1867 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Getting through menopause, it does get better
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:24:44 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to leave a post on here about getting through the menopause and no matter how difficult your symptoms are, it does get better.

I am forty five, I haven't gone fully through menopause yet but when I hit peri my symptoms were awful. I went through four years of hell, with terrible anxiety, horrible thoughts, and depression.  I was literally ok then went to bed one night and woke up in peri menopause hell.  I honestly thought I had lost the plot.

My symptoms would lift, go away and return a couple of weeks later. ,

My drs were really unhelpful. In the end I was put on Sertraline antidepressants, hrt and the mirena coil.  I only got hrt because I found a really lovely menopause dr who agreed to see me without a drs referral. I no longer take the ads but am still on hrt patches and still have the mc in place.

I honestly thought my symptoms would never go away.  I now live a normal life.  At times of stress, I sometimes feel a bit anxious but nothing like before.

A really good book that helped me was about anxiety by Paul David, well worth a read.

Anyway, I thought I would leave this post for anyone who feels like they are never going to live a normal life again and show the symptoms can lift and go away.  I really hope this helps anyone who is suffering with horrendous symptoms.

Sarah xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Getting through menopause, it does get better
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

Sarah -  :thankyou:  useful to know that things may improve!

paisley

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:21:26 AM »

So nice to hear a positive story. I love the positive stories as it gives everyone else hope.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »

Hi Bracken Willowshimmer

Thanks for the update and so pleased to hear you are feeling well and that your HRT is working! Also that you managed to come off the ADs having been given them initially instead of HRT from your unhelpful doctor.

I hope you continue to feel positive and well for years to come :)

Hurdity x