Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bloating and nausea  (Read 2366 times)

Brummig

Bloating and nausea
« on: August 19, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »

I am several months into menopause. Not having a good time, total brain fog, not sleeping, very snappy and anxious.. Just started Elleste 2mg 2 weeks ago, not seen any huge changes yet, but having some bleeding today. 
Something I have noticed for a couple of months is that I am very bloated sometimes, and some stomach issues - I can need to go 3 or 4 times in a couple of hours, and then it feels sore. I'm having some nasus, not actually been sick, but nearly lost it a couple of times. I have totally gone off morning coffee, smells turn my stomach (nearly had to stop to puke in a 10k event a coupe of weeks ago when we went past a pub serving breakfast!). Is this another thing the menopause is doing? I am having a lot of anxiety and I this is probably causing the number 2's (I had similar at uni) but never felt sick as well. If it is, or isn't menopause, any suggestions very welcome!

Annie0710

Re: Bloating and nausea
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:38:23 PM »

Sounds like menopause.  I had awful nausea in peri, I had been prescribed anti nausea tablets from a bad migraine attack when I transferred from 2mg elleste solo to the elleste solo patches and I used those tablets for when I had nausea at work and felt worried about puking there

I still get the bloating, in fact these last 2 days its been bad with discomfort under left rib each time I eat .  I'm going to start pro biotics again in the hope they sort it.  I wonder whether immodium would help you occasionally when you're in asocial setting, anxiety can cause the tummy upset too

I still think though that sudden changes should still be investigated and shouldn't always be put down to menopause.  Better to be safe than sorry x

Fee

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 06:34:05 AM »

I would check with your GP it's not a UTI, the first thing I go off is my morning coffee and the nausea is just awful.   There are times when I am so bloated I can't wear my usual trousers and need the elasticated waist of my jogging bottoms.   Just a thought.

coldethyl

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 11:27:59 AM »

I'd run it past your GP - bloating and nausea can be sign of something or nothing and it's far better to be sure it's just Ibs or menopausal upheaval. Gp might suggest a sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy and a CA125 blood test to rule anything untoward out.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »

I agree - go and get checked out.

The other thing is when you say you are a few months into menopause - what do you mean in relation to your periods ie has your cycle lengthened, or have you started skipping periods, coming late, are they shorter, longer heavier etc?

I presume you have been given Elleste Duet 2/10  not Elleste solo (which would be given to women with  Mirena or who've had a hysterectomy)? Sudden increase in oestrogen can cause nausea and tablet oestrogen can affect the gut - but still worth a doc visit.

Hurdity x