Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: update on CT scan results  (Read 1932 times)

robotwars

update on CT scan results
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »

I had a chest x ray back at Christmas because I had an unexplained cough which showed that the tube going into my lungs wasn't as it should be, so I was sent for a CT scan which I had in march, I finally got the results today and it has shown that I have white bits on my right lung, the consultant said that my air flow is good etc and it definitely isn't asthma, he thinks it could be down to excess gastro gases going back up into the lungs when I lie down so he has given me a pill to take before breakfast and I have to take galvescon before bed every night for the next two months, then I have to go back and have another scan to see if it has improved, I have also been told to make some life style changes, like not eating late at night etc... has anyone else had this? it has taken me 8 months to get to this point, so not quite sure how I'm feeling about this at the moment. Not sure if I have been fobbed off for a couple of months or whether this is the cause, my husband said I should ask to go private but I'm not sure what to do, as who do I go private too...... just don't need all this at the moment as I have enough dealing with the peri-menopause symptoms....

robotwars

Re: update on CT scan results
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »

Thanks sparkle, yes its omeprazole....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »

.. which can cause more problems than it causes and is not for long-term use.  (Read Dr James le Fanu in the Daily Telegraph on a Monday).

sparkle's suggestions are logical and I find that not eating or drinking too close to going to bed helps me.  Why would you need to go privately, your GP of course should have chased up the Result as March to now seems excessive!

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains, plus hiatus hernia which is common at The Change.  Once managed it can be less troublesome, I chew several Rennies as soon as I feel heartburn starting.  Strangely, water causes it for me  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 09:42:13 AM »

Hi robotwars. It seems as though lung spots are common and show up as white spots on the lung.  There is info here about lung spots (pulmonary nodules)  http://www.healthline.com/health/spot-on-the-lung#overview1 and I found this about the role of acid reflux in the development of lung problems https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2714564/

It seems as if the treatment you are being given is correct - to wait and see if there are any changes on the next CT scan.

Taz x  :bighug: