Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Anal Pain and worried.  (Read 9666 times)

jessieblue

Anal Pain and worried.
« on: August 14, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »

Hi everyone.  I am here yet again with another health related worry.  I cannot imagine anal pain could be related to menopause and of course my concern is anal cancer or something sinister.  Everyday seems to be another scare.  I literally cannot get a break and things are so random too.  I have had lots of episodes with hemhorroids and fissures over the years and recently have been worrying about it more as my anxiety has been so bad I am panicking about everything.  I get pain and sometimes blood on the paper.  Have been 5 times to doctors and been told its piles or a tear.  I tend to re tear in the same place as soon as I get a bit constipated which I do quite often.  I also have a rectocele so bowel movements can be challenging involving supporting underneath and this often leads to some straining and subsequently piles tears and so on.  I just get them sorted and will have a few good weeks and then go and strain again......sigh.  I have also had random cramp like pains in the rectal area over the last 5 years.  It will only happen every few months and lasts for about an hour and feels like trapped wind or a cramp in the bum.  This will often scare me when it happens in case its the obvious but it has been happening for many years so I tell myself if it were serious something would have happened by now.  Just recently tho I have a new weird pain......Its a sudden electric shock type feeling right in the anal/rectal area.  Just like a little electric pulse is being applied.  Its not a terrible pain, more annoying than painful but it is terrifying me as I am now worried about cancers again.  I just wondered if anyone had ever had anything this random before?  I will have to go to the doctor but am just sitting at home panicking.  Its only been last 2 days and happens a few times in a row then goes off for hours.  The more I worry the more it seems to happen and the trouble is once i get a sensation in my head I seem to make it happen.  Im pretty scared and dont want to lose the plot tonight as its my husbands birthday and I ruin everything with this anxiety.  I just want to try and keep calm for him.  Sorry for TMI at teatime!

Maryjane

Re: Anal Pain and worried.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »

Sounds like proctalgia the crewed word is " javlin arse " because it literally feels like one shooting up there.

Once all cleared by whoever , it will be because your pelvic floor is hypertonic , you are a canditate for this poorly from your description, and you need to do " reverse kegels " the opposite to " kegels" .

jessieblue

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:29:24 PM »

Thank you all for your replies.  Maryjane, what you said about reverse kegels I think is very true.  |I have already learnt how to do the relaxing the pelvic floor manoevre.....ie arse in the air etc. I think I do get a tightening of the pelvic floor which adds to the  piles and fissures of course.....sigh....so much to consider.  Thanks tho this has helped ease my mond.  I have booked a gynae appt.... with the man that also does the mona lisa touch.  Will see how he can help.

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 08:56:11 PM »

Could you not ask to be referred for a sigmoidoscope? It takes literally 5 mins is relatively painless, needs no sedation and can have a good look @ the lower colon that should put your mind @ ease.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 09:02:55 PM »

If the spasm is *that* painful, a 'scope would be difficult to insert  ::)

Try to tell yourself that you have had these symptoms previously, have seen your GP and have been told ......... maybe jot down how you feel tomorrow and then allow yourself 10 mins. in the morning and again in the evening to think how it has been during the day?  Re-focus ....... has your GP suggested any creams to use?  Maybe ring a Phsyio. for advice?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:43:45 AM by CLKD »

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 08:49:07 AM »

Its a very thin tube and should not cause discomfort on insertion, I had the procedure earlier this year, they can give you a bit of sedation I am sure if you are sore, its the best way to put your mind @ rest otherwise you are just guessing. :-\

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 09:29:38 AM »

I was going to say the same as cassie.  Reassurance and peace of mind is worth its weight in whatever and it is a quick and easy procedure.  Mine diagnosed haemorrhoids and nothing else when I had been imagining all sorts.  I also had the aged 60 poo test earlier this year and that was all clear too  :)

Silly

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »

They also put cream there to numb it, I had it and it helped.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »

I think I had a light sedative for mine.

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »

Hi Jessieblue, sorry to hear about the trouble with the rear exit.  With reccurent fissures, piles, a rectocele & a tendency to constipation it all sounds like a frustrating vicious circle.  Like Maryjane, I thought first of proctalgia, but as Sparkle says, with the other stuff being recurrent/ongoing it's not surprising to have pain from any of these, or a combination.  It's a horrible situation to be in & I know from reading past threads how many of us are sadly afflicted with such problems at this time of life.  The other ladies have shared helpful experience & you already know about relaxing the pelvic floor (though that can be easier said than done), but as you mentioned the constipation being recurrent, I wasn't sure whether you're on meds for this or perhaps have not found anything that helps without causing other problems.  Getting this under the best possible control should help with the other problems, but I know that's rarely a simple matter & imagine it's stating the obvious to say the least!  Anyway all this preamble is really because I wondered whether you had ever tried Linaclotide (Constella) for the constipation?  This works by not only drawing water into the large bowel to keep everything softer, but by stimulating motor function directly to help move everything through.  It's unlike any other bowel medication & those it suits seem to get on very well with it, so I just thought it worth a mention.  If you haven't tried it & decide you might like to give it a go (prescription only), you might need to experiment with timing.  It has to be taken once daily before a meal, on an empty stomach, but won't necessarily work best taken pre-breakfast, as I think the PIL recommends.  As this is a relatively new drug, not everyone is aware of it, so you may need to Google it & take the details in to your GP.  I agree with the others about sigmoidoscopy for reassurance.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:40:29 PM by Wrensong »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »

Mum uses 'orbis' to soften stools, I think it has figs in  :-X.  I have used Colpermin Over-the-Counter peppermint capsules to ease upper gut wind and Motillium to ease food through quicker.  Don't know if this is still on Prescription.  I had to take them within an hour of eating my main meals to ease symptoms of IBS and it worked.  Trial and Error can be tiring.  Gentle exercise gets my bowel moving too.

Also, if the whole area is in painful spasm it may be difficult to differentiate where the actual pain point is.   What you describe is almost like trigenimal neuralgia type pain  :o so you have my sympathy.

Did The Husband have a good birthday?