Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do I need a higher HRT dosage-help!  (Read 47487 times)

Hurdity

Re: Do I need a higher HRT dosage-help!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 03:21:56 PM »

As Wrensong says - lack of bleed is not really a problem - it is abnormal bleeding that is more of a concern. As I think has been said a proportion of women don't bleed on sequi HRT - after a few years on HRT I didn't have a bleed so went to a longer cycle ( with docs approval). As you were post-meno when you started and the progestogen part of your patches is for two weeks - it may well be that it is sufficient to thin your lining - and if you are not absorbing well this will also prevent you lining from growing as thick as it could. Your doc could always send you for a scan to check the lining but this would normally only be done after abnormal bleeding not lack of it.

Hurdity x

pb42

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 06:50:55 PM »

Hi Wrengsong,

I appreciate you taking the time, along with others, to reply.  I am far more clued up about HRT now since posting my problem.   I am just at the doctors but I think what you say is worth a try,  same dosage but different brand.  I have one box left and just changed my docs app so I can see a female (anyone else prefer a female doc?) so not for another fortnight now.   

Thanks again and will let youknow, as said, the outcome.

Wrensong

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 07:15:09 PM »

Hi pb42, hope your female GP is helpful when you eventually see her.  Mine's also female, but - bit of a bummer - not a fan of of HRT!  Yes, do let us know how you get on - I really hope whatever you decide on will be right for you.  Do read up as much as you can so you're confident in your choice, otherwise I'll feel a bit responsible & am only a novice myself  ::)!  Would hate for it to be worse than your Evorel, so will be on tenterhooks!!
Pages: 1 [2]