Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Starting hrt when I'm ill???  (Read 3357 times)

Peroxideblader

Starting hrt when I'm ill???
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:11:18 PM »

Just a bit of advice please..I was going to start hrt this time and I was due a week ago but have come on today 2 days into a full blown nasty head cold and sinusitis...because I don't sleep and I'm so run down these colds hit me real bad and I get them for weeks usually leads to chest infection.  My question is do i start femoston as I'd planned or wait til next month it's just on one hand I don't want all the sidea effects of hrt on top of this bad cold but there again I don't want to delay plus I'm a bit worried I won't be able to monitor any effects as my main reason is to help get to sleep and anxiety andisorder this head cold will stop me from sleep anyway...what are people's opinion please as I have to start tomorrow if I'm going to go on my femoston thank you

Annie0710

Re: Starting hrt when I'm ill???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:23:02 PM »

I started Tibolone during a virus and 2 days later I had both eardrums burst.  If I'm honest I think it was a good time to start as you think less about potential side effects

Peroxideblader

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »

Oh sounds horrid....just my body is running on empty already and fighting infection don't think it could cope with hormonal side effects thrown in...if I'd started period on time last week it'd have been fine but oh no week late and ill.

peri

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »

Hi Peroxidebladder, I felt better very quickly when I started hrt so it may just help x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

Oh sounds horrid....just my body is running on empty already and fighting infection don't think it could cope with hormonal side effects thrown in...if I'd started period on time last week it'd have been fine but oh no week late and ill.

Actually when I started Tibolone I was in the middle of chest, sinus and then ear infection.  On top of all that I had an allergic reaction to the first tablet AB so had to fight the infections myself.  Don't talk yourself into side effects.  Tibolone is renowned for side effects but you'll probably be fine on yours

Peroxideblader

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »

Thanks for the replies...but how will I know if hrt is helping when my virus and cold make me feel so poorly and I'm usually that way for 2 or 3 weeks so I can't tell if it's helping or not? Or if I seem to get worse and feel more ill then I won't know if it's hrt or not..it's just I kerosene being told to keep a diary from day one of starting hrt listing symptoms feelings etc and I can't do that

shoppingqueen

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:17 PM »

Hi
I'd be tempted to start it and I know it's difficult, especially if you've had to change HRT preps and previously had side effects, but try to have an open mind and don't expect side effects. There could be very positive results, even if they slow in coming. Hope you don't mind me asking- what are you changing from and why?
I'm sorry you are poorly, but am guessing meno symptoms thrown in will also be exacerbating this feeling of being unwell.
Getting the new preparation started will at least get the ball rolling. Diaries of symptoms are useful to reflect on how things are going. I've done this but I did wonder if over focusing on my symptoms each day helped. I decided to make a note each Sunday as to what the week overall had been like in terms of symptoms/ sleep- it just worked better for me.
Hope you manage to rest up,
SQ xx 

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »

You might not get any side effects.  I've tried oestrogen tablets , oestrogen patches, Tibolone and oestrogen and testosterone gel.  The only side effects I've had is to one particular patch which gave me an almighty migraine

When I started the Tibolone others on here were also starting and were reporting terrible dizziness.  One night I had a vertigo episode and thought "could be the Tibolone but could be my ear infection", I never got it again

I've started on pain relief, known side effects are dry mouth and eyes, I already suffer from them both and not noticed any worsening

Go for it, you've got nothing to lose but much to potentially gain

Peroxideblader

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »

Shoppingqueen ..I haven't changed hrt I haven't started it at all yet I've been peri for over 4 years but my lack of sleep and other horrid peri symptoms have driven me to try femoston ...
Thanks for pointing out I might not get sude effects I'm being very negative I know but I seem to get bed reactions from the most basic of meds...I know I have to start on first day of my period which was today but can I start in maybe 3 or 4 days time when maybe this awful illness has had its worst or does that mess my cycle up? I'm late a week this time then prior to that was 10 weeks without one but I had a ruptured ovarian cyst think caused that but still having regular periods before then just usually either week early or week late

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »

I would absolutely start straight away despite your bug! I seem to remember you have been waiting to start until you got your period - but what happens if you skip one - you could be waiting another couple of months? As the others have said - don't worry about side effects and working out what's what. You are taking oestrogen only for the first couple of weeks and the side effects from oestrogen increasing are usually transient until the body acclimatises - so by the time you are completely better from your bug you will hopefully be a bit more settled. By all means keep a diary but don't over analyse - the overall aim is for you to feel better most of the time on HRT than off - and you will still have down days and bugs now and again and especially depending on your cycle.

Good luck and hope you get better soon :)

Hurditty x

DaisyB

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »

PB - the way I see it is like this -  you have two options 1. Stay as you are until virus/infection is gone and wait for your next cycle ( with anxiety and lack of sleep still making you feel horrible) or 2. Strike while the iron is hot and accept you may not feel the benefits as quickly as you would have because your poorly - but at least you have started.

I reacted badly in the first few days but that was because I had Mirena coil in and no estrogen.

I struggled with accepting HRT as i have been opposed to BCP and HRT all my life. Now I realise I had really not researched properly and had I done so I could have felt a lot better sooner.

Hopefully things start to work out for you soon x

DaisyB

Peroxideblader

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »

Thanks very much I'm starting tomorrow morning as I take other pills then so I'll remember but it's my 3rd day in will that be OK?

Peroxideblader

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 11:20:02 PM »

Anybody know if it's OK to start femoston on my 3rd day of period everywhere I've read said it must be 1st day if I'm still having periods? Thanks

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 04:51:11 AM »

I haven't a clue.  Someone may answer today x

DaisyB

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 06:40:38 AM »

Haven't a clue either PB - is there an info leaflet?? Ps have you read the hype about the body lotion from lush helping with sleep and anxiety?? I'm sceptical myself when I read stories like that but thought I'd mention to you anyways. ::)
Pages: [1] 2