Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mother's death has seen return of symptoms, despite HRT 🤔  (Read 2219 times)

Roseycheeks

Mother's death has seen return of symptoms, despite HRT 🤔
« on: August 06, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »

I have just buried my mother, three days ago😢🙏🏽😇 I have been through the ringer, not sleeping, eating properly etc for the week before she died, it was very peaceful in the end, thank God. Since then my heart has been very heavy, but I am getting flutterings & palpitations. I upped the oestrogen to 2/ 3 squirts & I think it's helping a little. Perhaps my oestrogen levels need to be reviewed? They were low before I began HRT at the end of May. It's very uncomfortable as I am trying to keep it together for my father & large family circle but end up peeling off from them to breathe slowly & try & slow heart down. Have Bisoporolol if I need it, & have taken it over past week- was taking it before HRT to control the palps. Any advice?🤞🙏🏽

Annierus3

Re: Mother's death has seen return of symptoms, despite HRT 🤔
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »

Oh Rosiecheeks, I am so sorry for your loss. Grief can bring on all sorts of things. You have been through the mill, physically and emotionally. Be kind to yourself

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mum.  I've been 15 years without mine and 5 without my dad so my heart really does go out to you

Keep looking after yourself
 :foryou:

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »

:bighug:

I suspect that your symptoms are due to raised adrenaline, which may well affect your HRT.  Your body has been 'living on the edge' and now that you can relax a little it is trying to settle down.

......... and breath.  Have you much clearing up to do now?  Can you take 'time out' if only for part of each day?

CaroleM

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »

Roseycheeks,

I send you my deepest condolences on the passing of your Mum.  Please take time to let yourself grieve.  I realise that you are trying to hold everyone together, but please remember you.

Yesterday was the 36th anniversary of my precious Daddy passing.  I still 'chat' to him and sometime or other it's not unusual to hear me refer to him in one way or another.  It's ok to talk about your Mum and even have a quick chat with her if you feel like it.

With special thoughts and prayers,
Carole

Roseycheeks

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »

Thanks for your kind thoughts🙏🏽 It was very stressful & yes, perhaps adrenaline is playing a role, we were on tenter hooks for the last few weeks. The human body is a weird & wonderful thing- please God it settles down 🙏🏽🙄👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »

I'm sure that it will settle.  You can contact your local bereavement group "Cruise" to see if there is a befriender who can chat with you when you are ready but there is usually a waiting list. 

Take time for you.  Lots of bubble baths.  Warm towels, comfy bed ;-).

Babyplum

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

Hi Rosycheeks,

So sorry about your Mum. I lost mine some years ago and it's such a hard loss.

My symptoms also get a lot worse if I'm very stressed or upset for whatever reason. I think the stress hormones can knock whatever delicate hormone balance we've achieved. I agree with what the others are saying here: no matter who else you have to consider, look after yourself super-well first. Even if you really don't feel like it.

weathergirl

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »

I'm very sorry for your loss. Hugs.....  :hug:

Silly

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 06:34:58 AM »

Sorry for your loss.  The stress of it all just comes out in the end.  Naps help in the day if you feel exhausted and have the time.

My lovely Mam died February 2016 and I still haven't accepted she's gone, my dad died 26 years ago, Look after your Dad.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »

Hello Roseycheeks welcome to the forum and my heart goes out to you at this sad time.

You are dealing with a lot and I think your problems reflect this.  I agree with the other ladies that it's important to care for yourself and know that you will recover in time.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.