Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changed pill on advice of female doctor  (Read 1653 times)

Peri-wrecked

Changed pill on advice of female doctor
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:52 AM »

Hi all, so after trying qlaira and not doing well my female gp has suggested yasmin. I was reluctent to try as male gp  doesnt like this one. I did use yasminelle before peri and just had nausea on it ehich I didnt link to the pill at the time. But sure enouugh im on the pill 2 weeks and im practically throwing up every morning and I have had headaches everyday. I also got a stiff neck for 4 days. I just dont know whether to keep going or stop. I'm awake since 5am and now i'm sweating buckets at work. Advice greatly appreciated. Feel like throwing uo.

dahliagirl

Re: Changed pill on advice of female doctor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:33:29 AM »

I wouldn't continue with something that is making me throw up.  :'(

You are probably not absorbing it anyway. Hence your symptoms. It will not be giving contraceptive protection either.

Can you ring the surgery and get a telephone appointment with the doctor?

Qlaira is a sequential pill and changes throughout the month. Zoelly is similar with the same oestrogen as the qlaira but does not change throughout the month. I would ask for this. It is fairly new so may not have been the first thing the gp thought of.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:35:48 AM by dahliagirl »

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:20:45 PM »

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply.  I think I need a steady dose of hormones justi am not sure which one suits me. The headaches are quite strong. I will ring my gp for advice tomorrow. Thank you. Just I don't know what my options are after this.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:25:36 PM »

If tablets don't suit you then the other alternatives are - Mirena coil (for contraception and endometrial protection) with added oestrogen as patch or gel, or patch/gel oestrogen with separate progesterone - utrogestan or Provera. Depends where you are in menopause?

Hurdity x

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I believe I am in early perimenopause with about 2-3 years. I've had hormone blood test last year which didnt show much. No doctor has mentioned the mirena coil as I have very light periods, to be honest doctors havent offered much only the pill or anti depressants and anxiety meds. I've tried different doctors and due to my age they dismiss it. I think I'll have to keep trying the pills. They will run out of patience with me if they have not already..... none have suggested trying hrt as they dont think I need it yet. Its frustrating but I will keep going. I have a pelvice ultrasound in few weeks time, hopefully it will explain my lack of periods. I have a sister who is older by 2 years and she is experiencing flooding and air hunger and rages so I do feel it is peri related. I am only 36 which is why doctors are so against it being peri. :(

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 05:29:27 PM »

Please don't give up DesparateDee - it is the duty of your doctors to help make you better! Tough if they run out of patience - they should not be practising! Do not feel you need to put up with something that is making you feel ill especially bad headaches and nausea if this has not settled.

If you are taking CCP then your periods may well be light. If you are only 36 then were you experiencing cycle changes and symptoms before going onto the pill? A Mirena could be the answer if your periods were normal before starting the pill. You would just add oestrogen at the dose that made you feel better - and you could have this trans-dermally as patch or gel which would not give you such nausea hopefully.

Hurdity x