Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: hrt patches  (Read 1649 times)

Wednesday

hrt patches
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »

hi,
this is the first time iv put a message on,so hope i do it right!! iv tried two different patches over the past 6 month but struggling with anxiety big time at the mo and i dont know if its in my head but i seem worse on the last two weeks, different patch, iv tried the evorel conti and now on 2nd month of femseven sequi , im wondering if the tablet form would be better? also a friend told me there is a hrt tablet with a mild antidepressent in it, has any one else heard of or tried these? any help or advice would be very much appreciated

Salad

Re: hrt patches
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »

Hi Wednesday
 :welcomemm:

I'm an oestrogen only user so my experience is limited to that really  :)
Not sure what dose patch you were on but wonder if it was high enough? The HRT type is a personal thing so if you'd prefer a tablet then you could give it a go.
Some people prefer Oestrogen gel and use progesterone separately, if you need it.

Is your GP helpful?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »

Hi Wednesday

:welcomemm: from me too.

It depends whereabouts in menopause you are ie re cycle frequency and length, missing periods etc, and also how old you are, as to what would suit you, and personal preference as Salad says. I haven't heard about the HRT tablet you are talking about - could be Tibolone but this is for post-menopausal women who have stopped periods for 12 months before starting HRT.

Hurdity x

Wednesday

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »

thanks both of you for replying , im on 50mg patch, im peri menopausel aged 47 i went to gp because i started with night sweats ,brain fog and anxiety but it seems miles worse since iv started the patches  :(