Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on continuous combined regime  (Read 1675 times)

Nula

Bleeding on continuous combined regime
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:10:21 AM »

Hi ladies

I've been on 100mgs Estradot patches and 100mgs Utrogestan every day for 3 months now and I've just started to get a bleed.  Is this normal or do I need to worry :-\.  ?

I'm 42, early meno at 39. 

Dancinggirl

Re: Bleeding on continuous combined regime
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:11:46 AM »

Problematic bleeding is common on any conti HRT but Utrogestan isn't as powerful as most other progesterones so erratic bleeding is more likely. You are also on a very high dose of oestrogen. You probably need a scan to see what's going on with your womb lining.
You could try Provera instead of Utrogestan and possibly reduce your oestrogen dose a little to stop the lining building up so much.
I would also like to suggest you consider having a Mirena coil fitted as this should control erratic bleeding better. You are young so need the oestrogen.
Pop to your go or gynae for more advice - get a scan for peace of mind. DG. X

anais

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:24:56 PM »

I had the same problem. I now have a Mirena coil which made bleeding worse initially. It took 5-6 months of the Mirena to get to almost no bleeding. Now I can have very slight, very occasional spotting but it's almost nothing. Early weeks and months with Mirena were unpleasant as my body adapted to it but now I'm not aware of it at all.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:38 AM »

Anais - pleased the Mirena is working OK for you now. 

Nula - anais's experience is not common - most women find the Mirena settles within 3-4 months.

DG x