Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Worst night ever  (Read 1581 times)

Roseneath

Worst night ever
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:22:39 AM »

Reassurance please. I came off HTR (Ellestre Duel for 10 weeks) three days ago with doctors approval) as I was getting bad anxiety, brain fog, rocking sensation at night and very heavy periods with it. Terrible night last night. Rocking sesation worse (only get it when lying down & eyes shut), mind just racing with totally WEIRD irrational images, words and thoughts, tight pressure (not pain) across my forehead, very sweaty hands and feel. I could just not calm down all night. I got the off 2-3 hour sleep but this morning the total panic feeling is still there. Is this withdrawl from HRT symptoms? Hv a doctors appointment on Friday but scared I have brain tumor/serious vit or thyroid deficiency/chrinic diabetes. Health anxiety if so high.  Am sick of making emergengy doctos appointments. Feel I am going mad with this.

rebel2

Re: Worst night ever
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:42:28 AM »

I totally sympathise as am suffering from awful health anxiety at the moment.  Mornings are worse for me with dreadful adrenaline surges.

But to reassure you, anxiety has caused loads of weird symptoms for me, I've had the rocking sensation, the sweating and the pressure in head.   It is amazing how much your mind can affect your body.   My rule is - if the symptom goes away when I'm busy, it's anxiety.  I also think if it isn't the absolute first thing I think about when I wake, then it's anxiety.

You will get better, but it takes time.   Get out and about, take some exercise, distract yourself.  Good luck, and you're not mad, just struggling.

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 10:12:35 AM »

Mornings are the worst part of the day for me too that horrible churning in the pit of my stomach as soon as I wake, when I was put on ads I had those terrible thoughts and awful night terrors, I used to imagine I could see monsters and weird people in my bedroom, very scary,so I stopped them pretty quickly, give your body time to get used to no hrt and be reassured your not alone.

Roseneath

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »

Thanks you  so much for the reply yammy. Just t :-*hose words ' you are not alone' brought tears to my eyes in a good way.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »

HORMONES  >:(.  Maybe keep a food/mood/symptom diary?  Take a look at your daily routine and see if there are times that you can pick to relax.  Walking.  Swimming.  Yoga.  Gardening is my 'go to'  ;)

Mornings are the worst time for me, as commitments spread in front  :'(

Roseneath

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »

I just want to check in to say when your feel extremely low what a difference 48 hours can make. Two days ago I had my worst day and night of anxiety. 48 hours later it has all shifted again. My headache has gone, the anxiety is much reduced, I slept well last night.
I think the underlying advice that things change and things get better is true but is impossible to believe when the hormones are all their worst. I am having a hormone / anxiety check in with my GP on Friday; maybe putting that in the diary helped me to. I have tried to keep out in the fresh air yesterday and today and away from gadgets which has helped too.

Yammy1

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »

so true Roseneath, as the saying goes'what a difference a day makes'. It's mad how our hormones can make us feel. psychotic one minute and able to take on the world the next,(well not quite) but you know what I mean

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »

:bighug: