Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Why is Femoston 2mg not available as combined continual prog?  (Read 1599 times)

shoppingqueen

Hello

I'm wondering why Femoston 1/10 is available as combined continual and as sequi but the higher estrogen 2mg is only available as sequi continual ( e.g. 14 days combined, 14 estradiol only)
I've been looking at combined continual with dydrogesterone but with 2 mg estradiol as this is what I need. I'm ok on 2/10 so far, but have previously done well on daily prog in a previous HRT which was discontinued. Not gone through estrogen only phase yet so not sure how I'll do, but was curious as to why dydrogesterone isn't available as continuous combined.

Any help would be great!

SQxx

Hurdity

Re: Why is Femoston 2mg not available as combined continual prog?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:50:11 AM »

I don't think anyone knows shoppingqueen but I agree it's not good - because the only other continuous combined HRT types with 2 mg oestrogen contain norethisterone - and there are three different brands of this! If you doubled the oestrogen in the Femoston by taking 2 tabs then you would be doubling the progestogen - and I can imagine that is not ideal for most women. Such a pity dydrogesterone is not available as separate progestogen tablet in UK.

Which was the prog you did well on daily? The only other alternative is to take separate tablet and progestogen such as Provera (or utrogestan  - but can't imagine having this every day due to sedative effect).

Hurdity x

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »

Hi Hurdity,

Thank you for replying! I was on Premique with the MPA before it was discontinued.

I tried Premarin with the Provera but was very dizzy on the Premarin- I only managed a month; it didn't get any better although it tackled other symptoms so was really frustrating. I never had dizziness with Premique and it was same dosage of conjugated estrogen so not sure if it was because not combined ??
It is odd that they only have a limited singular progesterones- I had a bad time on noristherone. I'm hoping I'm ok with estradiol only phase. I've tried utrogestan previously with patches and it had a heavy sedative effect and felt very spaced out so as you said I couldn't tolerate for 25 day cycle.
I'm hopeful I'll be ok on just estradiol phase- I'm determined to give it 3 months. If I feel I need a combined conti - because I've had a bit of a rollercoaster recently I was thinking I might find the two weekly switch difficult and thought same tab every day would give stability- then I'll have to try another combination. It's just frustrating that our choices of progesterone are so limited.

Thanks Hurdity I thought it was just me not being able to find a product. Fingers crossed the Femoston 2/10 is great for me though.

SQ xx
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:56:01 AM by shoppingqueen »

sparklyweirdo

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »

I was on Premique too and it got discontinued so my doctor put me on Indivinia 2mg/5mg which has the same MPA amount as Premique but it is more natural estradiol, i think the estradiol in Indivinia is slightly more than premique but that may be cos it is more natural.

I have been taking it for about 6 or 7 months now, I have found that I am getting on fine with it but the first 4 months were bumpy going !! haha. I do still get sweaty if I am hot but it is very manageable so I put up with it.

Maybe look into this and see if you think it may be a worth a try?

Sparklyweirdo
x

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »

Thanks Sparklyweirdo

Great to hear you doing well and things settling. I think it's good you had staying power and got past bumpy bits- I need to apply this with this one and give it a fair go.

I'll have a look at this though as the MPA is same as in Premique isn't it? Am finding things ok too on the estradiol so that's might be good option if I feel I want continuous and daily prog!

SQ xxx