Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 2/10 or Elleste Duet to help Anxiety  (Read 2609 times)

Wendy worrier

Femoston 1/10 2/10 or Elleste Duet to help Anxiety
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »

Hi I tried Femoston 1/10 a couple of years ago as I had missed a couple of periods and had hot sweats and anxious all the time and as I suffer from severe anxiety and depression and was told I was perimenopause I gave them a try but three weeks in and my anxiety was really bad so I stopped and just took Red Clover for sweats which is good.......anyway the past year has been awful and I had blood test for hormones which showed I was well into Menopause although Perimenopause as last period was March this year....... I can't go on like this my anxiety is through the roof I can't sleep I am on my knees......so I am going to phone my Dr on Monday and tell her I want to try hrt again my question is should I ask for Femoston or Elleste Duet and which causes less anxiety on the progesterone part..........Thankyou........WWxxxxxx
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:10:45 PM by Wendy worrier »

Hurdity

Re: Femoston 1/10 2/10 or Elleste Duet to help Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »

Femoston most definitely would be preferred as the progestogen in this one is very close to our own progesterone whereas the one in Elleste is norethisterone which can cause problems in some women.

Now you are further on in the peri-menopausal transition then you hopefully you shouldn't be subject to such extreme fluctuations of your own hormones - and HRT will hopefully help you.

Hurdity x

Wendy worrier

Re: Femoston 1/10 2/10 or Elleste Duet to help Anxiety
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:50:29 AM »

Hi Hurdity I'm in a right state now today is Monday and on Saturday I was adamant that I needed to try again but I'm worried now.......I have suffered from extreme anxiety and depression since I was a child and now it is unmanageable....... I have my medication etc but this is the perimenopause anxiety........but I've got to do something........just scared of Progesterone part and keep looking at all the others but Femoston seems to be the one.......Wx