Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti patches  (Read 3899 times)

Bluebell

Evorel conti patches
« on: August 05, 2017, 08:14:55 AM »

Hi ladies, I've been using evorel conti patches for 3 months now. I started with half a patch for six weeks then went up to a full patch which gave me sleepless nights, felt really anxious and had a very nervous bowel. I went back onto half a patch and thought things were settling down but still have a very nervous bowel - feel bloated at times and sometimes waking up during the night with a nervy bowel and having to go to the loo. I've tried magnesium spray and b vitamins.
Has anyone else had this experience with the patches?  Carol. 😕

63 years.
4 years post menopausal.
Put on HRT for the first time 3 months ago.
 My Doctor  had just done a Masters Degree on HRT and advised me to go on because of hot flushes.

littleminnie

Re: Evorel conti patches
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:18:32 AM »

Hi Carol.  That happened with me too at the beginning. Took 6+ months to settle. Lots of wind ( :o) and odd spells of toilet issues.

Bluebell

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 08:48:25 AM »

Hi littleminnie, thanks for replying. Did your bowel feel really nervy? If I wake up during the night I go into nervy, anxious mode and can't get back to sleep and bowels go crazy. I have lots of tummy gurglings too.
Honestly...it's a case of which is the worst of the two evils - nervy bowel or hot flushes? 😬

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »

It did, but it came and went. Always seemed worse in the evening/night.

Bluebell

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

Thanks, always looking for reassurance. 😉

onion relish

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »

I started using these instead of the forever-falling-off Femseven patches.

I haven't had any digestive issues, but neither have I had any relief from flushes - which is my main reason for using them.

Interesting that you started on half a patch. Are you *normal* weight (whatever that is these days)?

I'm overweight, though it has been coming down...slowly! I wondered about this standard dosage for different body weights, as when I was put on Cerazette years ago, I was told to double up.

Magnesium has been discussed on another thread on the new board (IIRC). I know a lot of people have the runs after taking it, though I don't. Don't know if the spray would affect you. If you're using it for aches and pains or restless legs, maybe you could try arnica instead. I use SBC arnica gel and it works a treat. If I know I'm going to have a rough night with restless legs I take a couple of paracetamol, which also works for me.

I hope you feel less tummy wobbly soon.

Bluebell

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »

Hi onion relish, I'm 9st 3lbs.

The evorel conti patches  put away the hot flushes and night sweats more or less straight away. I just occasionally get one and they're not that bad.

I started on half a patch because my doctor said I should start slowly and build up to a whole patch otherwise I might get some side effects which I did when I put on a whole patch. 😬

I'm seeing the menopause nurse on Monday to ask if the nervy bowel is a side effect.

I'm taking the magnesium for the anxious bowel I have.

Mrs Brown told me on a previous post that it worked for her so I'm giving it a try.

Hope you get relief from the flushes soon!  😉

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »

Hi Carol Litster - glad the patch has worked on flushes and sweats. Some of the side effects could be due to the effect of taking continuous progestogen perhaps - especially the bloating? Magnesium is used as a laxative for constipation in large doses so maybe try stopping that and seeing if that helps?

Hurdity x

Bluebell

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, your advice is always welcome.

Carol. x

onion relish

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »

Oh, wow. You have a meno nurse?! My nearest meno clinic is 150 miles away. I'd kill for a meno nurse.

I have a good 5 stone on you, though not so long ago I would have made 2 of you  :o

I find it strange that they won't *tailor* HRT to my weight like they did Cerazette.

I know that I've always had a nervy tummy pre-period, and it was worse when I was on Elleste. Did you ever suffer with *period runs* (for want of a better expression) when you were younger? You may be sensitive to the progesterone part (my body loathes that hormone).

Or your body may be reacting to your anxiety. I always have IBS type problems when my anxiety is bad.

I hope you find relief soon.

vickypk

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 09:26:45 PM »

Hi Carol

I've been using the Evorel conti patches for 2 years and I am fine with them.  I do get gurgling sounds in my stomach sometimes in the morning, but didn't think it was anything to do with the patches, now I'm thinking it could be. 
I quite slim at 8 stone 10 pounds and run every day.  Other than the gurgling sounds all good.
Hope you are okay.
vickypk x

Bluebell

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »

Hi onion relish, I am very lucky to have a meno nurse and I can make an appointment with her at anytime.
I agree with you and Hurdity that progesterone might be the culprit here.

I'm seeing the nurse on Monday - see if she agrees.

Thanks for your thoughts. 😉

Bluebell

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 11:17:34 PM »

Hi Vickpk,

I too get a lot of gurgling noises.
I'll ask the nurse if she thinks it could be the progesterone that isn't agreeing with me.
 Since being on the patches I don't get the hot flushes or night sweats which is fantastic - only complaint is the nervy bowel every so often .... so I want to stay on HRT.

Thanks for replying to me.

Carol. x