Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pins and needles  (Read 1594 times)

Chestersmum

Pins and needles
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »

Hi Ladies I know there have been previous posts on this in past but I've just developed the pins and needles feelings and it's pretty constant. I'm terrified it's MS but lots of research on menopause websites seems to indicate this is menopausal.

Do any of you have any idea why it's suddenly come on? Have I had another hormone drop?

I took myself to the doctors and asked for my B vitamin and thyroid to be tested.

Will I have it forever or will it come and go? I went swimming this morning and that helps along with pilates.

Can anyone offer advice/tips/ treatments. Amerden (?) came up as a supplement that might work. Can B vits help? Does it stop after meno finishes?

All tips appreciated

Snoooze

Re: Pins and needles
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »

Hi,
Yes I've experienced it a lot in peri. Not sure what causes it. I describe mine more as tingling although I do wake in the night sometimes with pins and needles. I also had blood tests but everything came back fine.
Carry on with the exercise, I'm sure it will help.

Chestersmum

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »

Thanks all these symptoms just come on and they are scary!! I can't imagine anyone would be able to keep the idea of MS out of their thoughts. KERP getting fatigue as well I have a good day then the next I'm sooo tired. I worry about work. It is good to hear others experience the same things .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 02:42:25 PM »

Where is the pins and needles, when does it affect you?  Carpal tunnel syndrome is quite common during pregnancy so can certainly be related to hormones! 

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

Thanks all these symptoms just come on and they are scary!! I can't imagine anyone would be able to keep the idea of MS out of their thoughts. KERP getting fatigue as well I have a good day then the next I'm sooo tired. I worry about work. It is good to hear others experience the same things .

I never thought of MS! Also, it's not a health problem I worry over as I know a few people with MS and they lead normal lives apart from when they are having a flare up.

Fatigue is also a menopausal problem.

Chestersmum

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »

It's like a general light tingling mostly in my legs and lower back I've looked on a number of good menopause websites (the Australian one is very good) and A Vogel site I love and it seems to be common I just don't want HRT to be the only solution as I was doing so well and hoped I would get away without it.

Snoooze

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »

Tingling is often from an irritated nerve. It sounds like you have a disc problem in your back or sciatica. It goes down your leg right to your big toe.

Go to your GP to rule out a disc problem in your back.